|“||A classic chainsaw thrower which initiated the new trend. Nobody knew that soon we would see various prototypes of the "throwers" with energy razors, increased reload speed, and other fun features.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Razor Thrower is a Special weapon introduced in the 5.5.0 update.
As its name implies, it's an orange weapon that fires razor-sharp discs. The weapon is pretty powerful, as it can kill unarmored players in 2 shots. The weapon has a decent fire rate, moderate capacity, and decent mobility.
It has an orange base/handle that resembles a carnivorous reptile's mouth (most likely a crocodile, alligator, or a raptor-like dinosaur), with a buzzsaw blade in the middle.
When the fire button is pressed, the weapon will fire a disc that will pierce through enemies, inflicting the bleeding effect.
When reloading, the large clip of razors in the middle of the weapon will be taken out and be replaced with a spare magazine.
- The disc's travel time is perfect for a medium range weapon.
- Try to spray the discs on the target in a circle so that when they try to dodge, they might get hit by the discs.
- As always, try to aim for their head. Most of the time, if you aim for their legs, they will jump over it. So it is easier to aim for the head.
- Fire at multiple enemies at once as there is a chance to hit multiple enemies with one disk due to the “Piercing Shot” Attribute.
- Use the Bleeding attribute to deal additional damage to enemies overtime.
- Pick off its user(s) from long range.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try to wait until the user is out of ammo, then attack while they are vulnerable.
- Flank around the user with a shotgun or melee weapon and attack them from behind.
- Try jumping over the razor discs if your jump height is high enough.
Combine the weapon with a weapon with good mobility to easily maneuver around the map and a long-range weapon to easily deal with some snipers. Bring a reliable Primary in case you get stuck in sticky situations.
- Initial release. It had an upgrade known as the "Angry Reptile". The weapon had no travel time and was one shot.
- Its fire rate was buffed.
- The Razer Thrower received an upgrade called the "Hungry Raptor" which is the successor to the "Angry Reptile" upgrade.
- Old Razor Thrower and Angry Reptile was removed. The Hungry Raptor was renamed to Razor Thrower.
- The weapon now shoots projectiles which have travel time.
- The Razor Thrower was removed.
- Its projectile was slightly altered.
- It was given a new Armory icon.
- The projectile now plays a sound when it hits something, it is the exact same as the Dracula's. It was also added to Battle Royale.
- Returned in the Trader's van. Cost depends on level.
- When the player fires a razor at a wall, it oddly makes a small bullet hole.
- Now this weapon fires projectiles, and does not leave any marks on the walls.
- The blade seems to be spinning around when this weapon is held idle.