The Rivet Gun is a Backup weapon introduced in the 17.7.0 update.
It's a scuba-themed backup weapon with a revolver-like magazine containing rivets. It has good damage, a quite fast fire rate, an average capacity and mobility.
This weapon has a brown body with some gold, black, and silver details. There is a grey and orange rotary cannon storing silver and orange projectiles. There seems to be an additional barrel in front of the rotary cannon that has some sort of gauge on it. It is in a nautical themed even set, but it is more steampunk than nautical. Many people may be surprised that this is a Backup because of its large build.
When reloading, the user will eject the used magazine and insert a new one.
When an enemy is killed, the enemy will explode, dealing damage to any other enemies around the initial blast radius.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Rivet Gun will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
It has good damage, a quite fast fire rate, an average capacity and mobility.
- The attribute can be useful to deal damage to a large group of enemies, so firing at clusters of opponents is recommended
- Avoid using this weapon at long ranges due to the travel time.
- Use this as a backup weapon when your main weapon is out of ammo.
- Do not use this weapon during the entire length of the match, as you will have a high chance of not winning. Alternatively, use faster-killing weapons.
- Aim at the head to maximize damage.
- The fire rate of this weapon is somewhat fast. Use that to your advantage.
- The attribute can be used to deal additional damage to enemies.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Area damage and shotguns make quick work of users.
- Strafe while jumping to minimize the damage from the weapon.
- Like most Backup weapons, being at farther ranges is effective for minimizing the chances of being hit.
- Flank around the user then use a melee weapon to deal quick damage and then pull back.
Bring a Sniper weapon for long range combat and a weapon with at least 85 mobility to travel around the map
- Initial release.