|“||Arrows with explosive hats were invented quite long ago, however, the optimized technology for their creation has been made quite recently by Dr. Gracie Shepard. We are using the improved version of her prototype.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Rocket Crossbow is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 10.5.0 update.
It is a crossbow that launches rockets. It has decent damage, great fire rate, high capacity, and average mobility.
It is a brown, bulky crossbow with adorned with gold parts along with a gray handle and cyan parts. The rockets in the clip have a cyan tip.
This weapon, despite being a crossbow, launches rockets with a medium bullet travel time and a medium range. These rockets leave an explosive splash radius on impact. Moreover, this weapon has a 2x zoom optic sight, which allows the player to aim at players more accurately.
When reloading, the player takes out the clip of rockets from the bottom and replaces it with another. It has no delay mechanics.
- Try spamming this gun by targeting the player on the ground or most recommended, shooting the target with a rocket until the player dies.
- Use the 4x scope if fighting in long range. Be wary of snipers in the vicinity.
- Jump around left and right while killing a target.
- Use this weapon to pick off weakened targets.
- This gun can be used for players who are trying to get away from you, due to the fact the rockets from this weapon travel at a decently fast speed.
- Be conservative for your ammo for this can run out fairly quickly if you spam this weapon. To conserve ammo, shoot the enemies only if you are sure it will hit them (unless you have a high amount of skill with these types of weapons). Or using this weapon only to finish off those who escaped from your primary or your regular weapon of use.
- As this has a bullet travel time, kill the opponent with a better weapon and dodge that rocket.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- If you plan to take cover don't get too close to the wall, because this weapon deals area damage and thin walls cannot protect you from its area damage (or any other area damage weapons similar to this).
- If its user gets up close to you, shoot them with a shotgun or an Area Damage weapon.
Equip a long-ranged weapon, as this weapon is difficult to use at distances.
- Initial release
- It is the only crossbow located in a different weapon class, whereas the other crossbows, the Crossbow and Laser Crossbow, are located into the Sniper category.
- The clip of this weapon shows only two rockets strapped together, however, the capacity of this weapon is eight. This can clearly be seen in the Armory when the character is reloading the Rocket Crossbow.
- This weapon is one of the most inexpensive weapons in its category. It still costs more than Apocalypse, Grenade Launcher, Alien Cannon, and Anti-Gravity Blaster.
- The shooting sound effects sound incredibly similar to the old sound effects of the standard bow from Minecraft.