|“||This hammer is decorated with symbols of strength, agility, and durability. The shaft has some words on it: Dont forget to erase there wor...||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
It is a mage-themed hammer that attacks and performs best in close range when charging. It deals high damage within a large area when charged to the max, it has a slow mobility and attack speed (charge time).
It takes the form of a grey war hammer.
It has a grey counterweight with light blue gemstones embedded inside. It also features a brown handle connected to the head.
The head of the hammer has two faces, both containing light blue decals, with a gemstone inside the neck of the hammer.
This weapon, being a melee weapon, only attacks players in close range. Every time the player uses this weapon, they charge this weapon to increase damage to the opponent. It also has area damage, so it also has a large hitbox.
The Shiv can reduce charge time of this weapon, allowing it to reach full charge faster. The higher the module level, the faster the charge time. It does not have any delay mechanics.
- Try to go for less mobile players so your chances of head-shotting an opponent is higher because you can be more precise.
- In Knife Party, equip melee boosting wear like the Maniac Mask, Burning Tiara or Evil Brain, and Cape Editor to maximize damage.
- Try countering users with this weapon with long-range powerful weapons since one headshot from this Melee weapon when charged could possibly kill you if the user is wearing melee wear
- In Knife Party try to bait the wielders attack by going in and quickly going out, then once the opponents attack is baited strike before the opponents charge up its Runic Hammer then, go back and bait as you did before. Rinse and repeat until the enemy is dead.
- Bunny-hop to increase the chance of the user missing their attack.
- If you have a Combat Yo-Yo then, the process of killing a Runic Hammer user in Knife Party is much easier since you can just pick them off one by one by utilizing the Combat Yo-Yo's extra range.
Try to equip a long-range weapon and another area damage weapon.
- Initial release.
- It got nerfed with a longer charge time.
- The weapon's damage was increased by 30%.
- It is the third Melee weapon to feature the Charge Shot attribute, the second being the Jet Tenderizer, and the first being the Sword of Shadows. The newest Charge Shot Melee is the Percival & Lamorak and then followed by Fist Of Fate.
- Despite it having Area Damage, it does not have a 360-degree radius of effect.
- It is also one of these few area damage melees that can do headshots.
- This weapon is based on the Rune Hammer from Dota 2.