|“||Sakura's blossom is one of the most beautiful things on Earth. But even it can't compete with a headshot done from this gun.||”|
—Weapon’s description in Gallery
The Sakura is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 13.2.1 update.
It is a blossom-themed sniper rifle that shoots bursts of bullets. It has good damage, a good fire rate, high capacity, and decent mobility.
It is a reskin of the Semi Auto Sniper Rifle.
It is a bullpup sniper rifle with a pink cherry blossom flower skin on the body of the weapon, as well as having pink decals on the scope, handguard, barrel, and compensator.
It fires a burst of 3 bullets that have instant bullet travel time when tapping the firing button once. Moreover, it possesses a 10x zoom optic sight which allows it to fight in a long range.
When reloading, the magazine is taken out and is replaced by a spare one. It has no delay mechanics.
- This gun is useful in taking down air targets with its high damage and fire rate and low recoil. The same goes for ground targets while you are in the air.
- If using this weapon in Sniper Tournament, it is absolutely recommended to equip Steel Hands.
- Aim on the head to deal maximum Efficiency per second and conserving ammunitions.
- Go for maximum Efficiency booster wear to shorten the work.
- Make sure to aim and fire effectively. As one tap may expend ammo inefficiently. Although it can take down multiple severely injured opponents in a linear direction, it is no good when dealing with jumpers.
- Treat this rifle as a primary weapon, as its fire rate is quite high despite of being classified as a sniper rifle.
- Strafe around the player to avoid being shot by the weapon.
- Hide behind an object, or outflank the user.
- Try using fast firing and shotguns at close range.
- Flamethrowers and melee weapons are also a good alternative at very close ranges.
- Try strafing around these users, as their shots are not accurate.
Have a Backup weapon if engaged in close quarters.
- Initial release.
- Power was buffed to 4 headshots kill while regular counterpart took 13 headshots.
- Efficiency was severely nerfed to 15 headshots as balancing.
- Burst firing mechanism was reworked to match real life burst-firing behavior.
- Efficiency buffed to 7 headshots kill.
- Damage increased by 6%.
- The name is based on a cherry blossom tree, also known as Sakura in Japan.
- It is somewhat based off of the Barrett M95 or the Barrett XM500, a similar bullpup rifle.
- The pistol grip and handguard are fairly similar to that of the conceptual MR-C assault rifle.
- It has the highest firing rate of any weapon located in the sniper section.
- It is a re-skin of the Semi Auto Sniper Rifle.
- It may be based on Respawnables' Semi-Automatic Sniper.
- All burst-fire sniper rifles seem to have the fire rate of 98, which is somewhat misleading.