The Sand Tower Pistol is a Backup weapon introduced in the 18.1.0 update.
It is a toy pistol that fires sand. It deals decent damage, has a great fire rate, a high mobility, and an moderately sized ammo capacity.
It appears to be a toy pistol with a sand mold attached to the bottom of the barrel, with a molded piece of sand attached as its bullet. The handle shows to be pink/purple, along with the back of the gun to be yellow with green features. The mold is green, and shaped like a sand castle.
The sand is mostly brown and yellow-white, along with being shaped like a sand castle.
When reloading, the user will eject the used magazine full of sand and insert a new one. It has no delay what-so-ever.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Use this against a group of enemies to disorientate them.
- It is recommended to use these at close range only as it performs the best due to the somewhat widespread of the sand.
- Because of the pellet spread, try avoiding using this weapon in longer-ranged battles, as it will deal little if any.
- This weapon can be used against Melee users, backpedal while firing to avoid getting hit by them.
- The attribute is useful for dealing additional damage that could potentially kill in a few shots.
- The blindness attribute can counter a sniper's effectiveness by limiting their view.
- Pair this with Waterman's Rifle to easily finish enemies that are low.
- Don't hold shoot on this weapon, but instead wait for the crosshair to re-focus, then shoot to get the best effect and damage.
- Use this to decrease your enemy's visibility, since this is the first weapon with the blindness effect, for many players this will be unusual
- Use this on a darker map to reduce the enemies view further
- Try to pick off users at close range.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Area damage weapons and other shotguns make quick work of users.
- Strafe while jumping to avoid getting hit.
- Try wasting the ammo of the user, leaving them vulnerable from an attack when they are reloading.
- Flank around the user then use a melee weapon to deal quick damage and then pull back.
- It is deadly to attack head-to-head against users at close range. Instead, try flanking around the user and attack them from their sides.
The player should come equipped with a long ranged weapon, as the weapon doesn't deal much damage at long ranges.
- Initial release.
- This is the first weapon to feature the Blindness attribute.
- Its the Fifth Backup shotgun in the game. First being the Shotgun Pistol, Sawed Off Shotguns, Triple Musket, and Cracker Gun. It was then followed up by Rebel.