|“||Two sawed-offs are dangerous(considering a single shotgun is deadly as hell). By using Macedonian shooting style you will paint the walls around you with your enemies.||”|
—Sawed-Off Shotguns description in the Gallery
The Sawed-Off Shotguns are Backup weapons introduced in the 15.6.0 update.
It is a pair of mini double-barreled shotguns that shoot a pair of shotgun bullets each. It has good damage if all bullets hit, has a decent fire rate, a low capacity, and medium mobility.
It is a twin sawed-off, double-barreled shotguns with the short barrels. The shells are seen sticking out of the short barrel.
This weapon is dual-wield, so the player holds each replica on each hand. They start off by shooting with the right hand, then the left hand, then this process repeats only once because this weapon only has a capacity of four. Moreover, each shotgun emits regular looking bullets with a wide spread and instant bullet travel time.
When reloading, the player throws both replicas away and grabs another pair off-screen.
It gives delay on some weapons that are associated with Three Category Spam like the Sniper Exoskeleton and the Reflector. It also receives a delay if those weapons were shot, then quickly switched to this weapon.
- This weapon is best used at close range because of its wide bullet spread. It is best used as an unconventional melee weapon rather than a gun due to its shotgun trait and high damage at near-point-blank range.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Try sneaking up on enemies to catch them off guard.
- Pick off the user at a long-range.
- High mobility weapons along with movement boosters (higher jumps, etc.) can help you escape if you do get too close to these users.
This weapon can serve well for finishing off weakened users at close range. In addition, it can be paired with other shotguns in different categories.
Initial release date
- It is essentially the multiplayer-usable and dual-wielded counterpart of the Double Barreled Shotgun.
- When the player wishes to reload, they throw away the two Sawed-Off Shotguns in their hands and grab two new ones. This is a reference to Reaper's reload animation from Overwatch.
- In the real world, like the Dual Shotguns, it is impractical to wield double shotguns, and they would be illegal in some states because having a shorter barrel shotgun would be more deadlier than a normal shotgun as the pellets travel faster at the target on a sawn off shotgun than a normal shotgun. Furthermore, a sawn-off shotgun allows the user to travel faster.