|“||A rifle engineered for the most pedantic snipers. Instead of a single shot that never guarantees a frag, the enemy of yours will receive three rounds. No chance for the opponents.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Semi Auto Sniper Rifle is a Sniper weapon that was introduced in the 10.6.0 update.
It is a red sniper rifle that shoots bursts of bullets. It has good damage, a high fire rate, decent capacity, and low mobility.
The weapon has a design of a bullpup sniper rifle. It has a red body, a black handguard, a grey barrel and magazine, a 10x scope, muzzle brake, and retractable stock.
It semi-automatically shoots regular bullets that have instant bullet travel time. This means that it shoots bullets in bursts. Moreover, it possesses a 10x zoom optic sight which allows it to fight in a long range.
When reloading, the magazine is taken out and is replaced by a spare one. It has no delay mechanics.
- This gun is useful in taking down air targets with its high damage and fire rate and low recoil, the same goes with ground targets while you are in the air.
- Due to the burst fire, the recoil will affect the number shots that hit the target so aim for the middle of the body to conserve ammo.
- If using this weapon in Sniper Tournament, it is absolutely recommended to equip Steel Hands.
- Strafe around the player to avoid being shot by the weapon.
- Hide behind an object, or outflank the user.
- Any Primary weapons can overwhelm the user due to its fire rate.
- Area damage can make short work on its users in close range.
Have a Backup weapon if engaged in close quarters.
- It is somewhat based on the Barrett M95 or the Barrett XM500, a similar bullpup rifle.
- The pistol grip and handguard are fairly similar to that of the conceptual MR-C assault rifle.
- It has the highest firing rate of any weapon located in the sniper section.
- It may be based on Respawnables' Semi-Automatic Sniper.
- The name is misleading, as this weapon is technically a burst-fire, not semi-automatic.
- This, Champion/Mercenary and Sakura are the only weapons that can fire in bursts.
- Burst-fire sniper rifles seem to have the fire rate of 98, which is somewhat misleading.
- As of 16.5.0, this rifle is 5 headshots kill (1 and 2/3 bursts).
- The triangle on the weapon may be a reference to the Atlas Corporation from Call of Duty: Advance Warfare, due to the triangle bearing similarities to the Atlas Corporation logo.