|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is Pixel Gun 3D or Pixel Gun World content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes the Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Simple Shotgun.
|“||Perfect in its simplicity. The shotgun is very powerful in close-quarter fighting, and pellet will pierce through the pixels of your enemy easily.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Shotgun, formerly called the "Simple Shotgun", is a default Primary weapon introduced in the 2.5.0 update.
It is a shotgun that shoots a spread of bullets. It has bad accuracy and deals a good amount of damage. Its fire rate is fairly high for a shotgun, but its mobility is very low.
The Shotgun appears to be an Akkar Churchill SBS, judging by the size of the weapon. The barrel and base are made of silver-white metal, probably steel or aluminum. There is a shell ejection port on the right side, launching shells whenever the user reloads or shoots.. A small sight is at the end of the barrel but cannot be used. It does area damage (its pellets spread over a rather wide area). The sliding handle (or the pump) appears on a tube below the barrel. It seems to be some type of wood.
This weapon, being a simple shotgun, shoots multiple bullets at once with a spread. These bullets have instant bullet travel time. It does surprisingly decent damage, even in high levels.
When reloading, there is a pumping animation on this weapon, where the player inserts bullets inside the shotgun. It has no delay mechanics.
Obtained on default
- Use in close quarters combat and aim for the head.
- Switch to a different weapon if enemies get close before the reload is done, as it takes a while to reload.
- Use it in maps where there are many obstacles. This weapon's bullets will hit enemies that won't be able to escape easily.
- Do not hold the fire button with the shotgun unless at near point-blank range. Waiting a second before shooting again restores the weapon to first-shot accuracy.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Ambush user(s) with explosives.
Close ranged Deadly Games maps.
Equip long ranged weapons.
- Initial release
- The weapon got a texture update, making it look more detailed.
- The weapon's model was remodeled.
- The reload animation changed from loading the shells into the ejection port to loading it properly in the magazine loading port.
- The weapon was added to Deadly Games.
- Its name was changed from "Simple Shotgun" to "Shotgun".
- The weapon's efficiency was changed from 3 to 5 and it was given a combat level of 3.
- The weapon was secretly buffed being very effective in close range with high mods.
- It resembles both the Ithaca Stakeout shotgun and the Maverick 88 shotgun.
- Unlike in Pixel Gun World, the Simple Shotgun is a default weapon in Pixel Gun 3D.
- It is one of the first 3 weapons introduced in Pixel Gun 3D. The other two being the Uzi-Uzi and the Pixel Gun. This is one of the 2 weapons added in the first patch, the other being the Uzi-Uzi.
- This weapon is one of the lucky few to be added into the Battle Royale game mode.
- In very old versions of the game, the player would hold this weapon with just one hand and it would just shoot only one bullet.
- Despite having only a magazine size of 7, the player loads 8 shells into the gun.
- The reload animation back then involved inserting all of the shotgun shells inside the ejection port of the shotgun, which is very unrealistic for a shotgun.
- The kill icon uses the old model of the weapon.
- Even if one shot is fired, reloading the gun will have the player load more shells then the magazine can hold.
- After a shot is fired, the player pumps the gun, but if you reload, after the animation, the player pumps the gun again, despite a shell already pumped into the chamber
- This is the only default weapon that was inaccessible in Tournament mode.
|Pixel Gun 3D
Pixel Gun World