|“||A pretty much usual arbalest but with a decorative skull and non-decorative rear-sight. It is very good that it is not vice-versa.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Skull Crossbow is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 15.4.1 update.
It is a Halloween-themed crossbow that shoots arrows. It has good damage, a decent fire rate, and low mobility. It is now 2-3 shots maxed out.
The crossbow has a wooden stock with a grey trigger, a silver body, lath, and bolt with a black tip. At the front of the weapon, there is a glowing human skull.
This weapon silently shoots arrows with diamond tips with instant bullet travel time. Moreover, the 2x zoom optic sight allows this weapon to fight in longer ranges.
It uses the single-shot system so it has no reload animation. It has no delay mechanics either.
- Use this weapon at long distances to maximize the scope's usefulness.
- Be sure to aim for the head to maximize damage and conserve ammunition.
- Like other bow-type weapons, it's silent when firing. This makes it useful for stealthily picking off enemies.
- Time your shots as this weapon has very limited ammo.
- When countering other sniper users, make sure to take cover between in each shot.
- A fast-firing weapon will make the most of the weapon's slow firing speed.
- Avoid routes that other users are known to frequent.
- You can counter this with another sniper weapon.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns are an effective means to counter users.
- Try to attack after the user has fired, as reloading leaves him/her vulnerable.
- Attack its user from behind when he is complacent.
This weapon is useful for a long-range silent weapon, it can be used with other stealth-orientated builds.
It used to be quite underpowered (4-5 shots), but it got buffed to 2-3 shots.