|“||Why do you need snowballs if you have a snow gun? Keep looking in the gallery to find the variant that will keep you hands warm.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
- Not to be confused with a similarly named weapon: the Snowball Gun.”
The Snowball is a weapon in the Special category introduced in the 10.2.0 update.
It is a snowball that is used as a projectile. It is an efficient weapon, which deals moderate damage. However, you can only shoot one snowball before reloading. As of the current update, this weapon is a 2 shot kill.
It's a simple, white, ordinary pixelated snowball.
When used, it appears to be a white snowball in the player's right hand. In the armory, it appears to be 5 snowballs stacked on top of each other.
The player throws the snowball from their right hand. The snowball has looping shot and a medium bullet travel time. In Sandbox mode, a person throwing a snowball at another person would input in the chat that the snowball user hit the affected player.
It uses the single-shot system and does not have a reload animation. Moreover, it has no delay mechanics.
- You can run around easily and fast with its because of its high mobility.
- It is not recommended to use the Explosive Ammo module combo on this weapon as it does not have a clip despite having a reload animation.
- If you upgrade this weapon to Mythical, maximize its efficiency and give it modules with a very high level, it will be a 1 shot kill.
- Approach your opponent and use a small-ranged weapon such as Primaries and Backups.
- Keep an eye on your surroundings since you will be caught off guard with its AoE (Area of Effect).
- Area damage weapons can overpower its users.
- Use a high damage weapon to kill the opponent before they shoot.
Bring with you a good Melee weapon to defeat near enemies.
- Initial release.
- Players in a Sandbox match can now utilize all Sandbox weapons for free. In that same update, this weapon, along with the Balloon Cannon, the Bouquet and the Fireworks Launcher, became Sandbox-exclusive weapons.
- This was reverted in the 12.5.3 update, where the weapons now cost their original price.
- It does not have a reload animation.
- The Snowball and its upgrades are the only weapons (excluding the Throwing gadgets) that you can throw at a target. In Pixel Gun World, there is a similar weapon, called the Pixelrang.
- This weapon is identical to the projectile of the Snowball Gun. They both have the same lethality.
- It became much more powerful, as it takes two shots to kill a dummy in the Polygon.
- If a player hits another player it the Sandbox. It displays "(Player) hits (Player)".
- In the realistic mode brawl, it is ironic that a snowball would deal more damage than any other weapon that is actually a gun, even if the gun had a very low efficiency.
- The weapon description in the gallery describes the Snowball Gun, a gun that rapidly fires snowballs.