|“||Why do you need snowballs if you have a snow gun? Keep looking in the gallery to find the variant that will keep you hands warm.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
- Not to be confused with a similarly named weapon: the Snowball Gun.”
The Snowball is a weapon in the Special category introduced in the 10.2.0 update.
It is a snowball that is used as a projectile. It is an efficient weapon, which deals moderate damage. However, you can only shoot one snowball before reloading. As of the current update, this weapon is a 2 shot kill.
It's a simple, white, ordinary pixelated snowball.
When used, it appears to be a white snowball in the player's right hand. In the armory, it appears to be 5 snowballs stacked on top of each other.
The player throws the snowball from their right hand. The snowball has looping shot and a medium bullet travel time. In Sandbox mode, a person throwing a snowball at another person would input in the chat that the snowball user hit the affected player.
It uses the single-shot system and does not have a reload animation. Moreover, it has no delay mechanics.
- You can run around easily and fast with its because of its high mobility.
- It is not recommended to use the Explosive Ammo module combo on this weapon as it does not have a clip despite having a reload animation.
- If you upgrade this weapon to Mythical, maximize its efficiency and give it modules with a very high level, it will be a 1 shot kill.
- You might want to stay away from some walls, since hitting walls you are leaning on will make you take damage, sometimes even resulting in death due to this weapon's high damage.
- Approach your opponent and use a small-ranged weapon such as Primaries and Backups.
- Keep an eye on your surroundings since you will be caught off guard with its AoE (Area of Effect).
- Area damage weapons can overpower its users.
- Use a high damage weapon to kill the opponent before they shoot.
Bring with you a good Melee weapon to defeat near enemies.
- Initial release.
- Players in a Sandbox match can now utilize all Sandbox weapons for free. In that same update, this weapon, along with the Balloon Cannon, the Bouquet and the Fireworks Launcher, became Sandbox-exclusive weapons.
- This was reverted in the 12.5.3 update, where the weapons now cost their original price.
- The Snowball and its upgrades are the only weapons (excluding the Throwing gadgets) that you can throw at a target. In Pixel Gun World, there is a similar weapon, called the Pixelrang.
- This weapon is identical to the projectile of the Snowball Gun. They both have the same lethality.
- It became much more powerful, as it takes two shots to kill a dummy in the Polygon.
- If a player hits another player it the Sandbox. It displays "(Player) hits (Player)".
- In the realistic mode brawl, it is ironic that a snowball would deal more damage than any other weapon that is actually a gun, even if the gun had a very low efficiency.
- The weapon description in the gallery describes the Snowball Gun, a gun that rapidly fires snowballs.
- This weapon has no reload animation