|“||A sock filled with ricocheting snowballs. Snow started to melt so there will be a lot of splashes. Oh, that is why I always miss my sock.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Sock Bomber is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 15.6.0 update.
This is a Christmas-themed weapon that shoots light blue circular projectiles that have looping shot, ricochet and area damage. It has good damage, a decent fire rate, medium capacity, and decent mobility. It is 3-4 shots when maxed out.
This weapon, being mostly red has an ammo clip in the form of a red Christmas stocking with a big white snowflake and has a large white barrel. The barrel of this weapon appears to be a red and white Christmas themed chimney.
This weapon shoots light blue circular projectiles with a medium bullet travel time and a close to medium range. These projectiles have a looping shot attribute, which means that they are shot in an arc trajectory. Moreover, they have a ricochet attribute so they can bounce off walls and they also leave a light blue splash radius on impact.
When reloading, the player takes out the clip which has the shape of a sock and is replaced by another.
It has a fixed delay input. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Sock Bomber always has a delay lasting around half of a second.
- Use this in small maps as the projectiles explode only when they hit a player.
- Spam it in small areas.
- Use it wisely as it's usually a 3-4 shot.
- Use it in close to medium range only as this has looping shots.
- This weapon can be used to take out a group as it has area damage.
- Although not shown this weapon has a scope that is 2x. It’s not the most useful thing but it can still help with aiming
- At longer ranges like with any other weapon with looping shot, aim higher so you can hit targets, and aim up high with the character (look into the sky on larger maps) to use as a mortar from long range after lining up shots.
- Attack the user from long range.
- Strafe around so you don't get hit.
- Attack the user when they're reloading.
- Do not go in small areas where the projectiles from this weapon might be rigged.
Bring any long-ranged weapon with you.
- Initial release.
- Its damage got increased.
- The area damage effect is similar to that of the Proton Freezer.