The Solar Flare is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 18.1.0 update.
It's a solar/futuristic themed weapon that shoots big yellow projectiles. It has low mobility, medicore fire rate, and incredibly high damage.
It has a blue and gray body, with part of a solar flare in the middle. There are two yellow tesla coils where the rocket comes out. The wires at the bottom transfer the charged energy from the weapon itself in order for the rockets to fire. It somewhat resembles a double-barreled Star Shard.
When the player is charging, a blue energy ball will appear in the middle of the weapon, and an energy being force in animation will happen. After being fully charged and released, it shoots out a large yellow projectile, which will explode into a yellow blast radius. If a projectile passes, or it gets close to an enemy, a laser-like beam gets locked onto nearby enemies, damaging them. It also charges up extremely quickly, unlike most other Charge Shot weapons.
When reloading, the energy cell embedded in the weapon will pop out, in which the user will push it back in.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Solar Flare will always have a delay lasting around half of a second.
- Hold the fire button to charge up the shot as it can only be fired when fully charged.
- Move around while charging up the shot, to avoid getting hit.
- If aiming at a group of enemies, try to aim at the middle of the group to hit multiple enemies in one strike.
- Make sure you are behind cover or not out in the open while using this weapon.
- You can hold the charge indefinitely, this is useful when waiting for targets or when the target is out of the line of sight.
- Due to its mobility, it is not recommended to equip the weapon when traveling around the map, switch to a melee weapon with high mobility instead.
- The blast radius is larger than most Area Damage weapons, thus making it useful for effective area denial and crowd control.
- The weapon is effective with dealing with Jetpack users, as one blast is enough to kill the player using the gadget. This weapon's large hitbox can help with dealing with moving targets.
- You do not have to aim exactly at the target to hit them due to .
- Pick off the user at long range, preferably with a high-damaging sniper like the Anti-Champion Rifle, Heavy Sniper Rifle or Dimerian divider.
- If a projectile is heading towards you, run far away from it as fast as you can. It can still damage you even if the projectile misses you.
- Try to wait until the user is out of ammo, then attack while they are vulnerable.
- Flamethrowers and shotguns can be useful for quickly killing users at close range.
- Flank around the user with a shotgun such as Viking, or any melee weapon and attack them from behind.
- Use the Reflector gadget to ensure that this weapon will just be the weapon user's liability instead of advantage.
- Use the Pulling Sucker Gun, Vertical grip device or Pocket Harpoon to help dodge incoming projectiles.
- Try to avoid getting into the user's line of sight or general aiming direction.
- Use the low mobility as an advantage and outmaneuver the user using high mobility weapons.
- In close quarters maps, use weapons with the Stream Beam attribute, like the Dragon Energy Emitter, Restructurer or Sharkado, to kill the user much faster then they can kill you.
Equip an Automatic weapon that can quickly kill the opponent if the opponent survives the hit.
- Initial release.
- Damage decreased by 16%.
- Capacity decreased from 8 to 1.
- Reload time increased from 3.2 seconds to 4.5 seconds.
- The weapon's charging, shooting and reloading noise was changed.
- The icon of the weapon was changed.
- The weapon receives it's first skin.
- This is the first weapon to have the Plasma Rocket attribute.
- This weapon works exactly the same as the BFG-9000 from DOOM.
- Due to the weapon's insanely large AoE and damage, it is has gained controversy from the Pixel Gun 3D community for being overpowered.