|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you are looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Solar Ray Rifle (PGW).
|“||Solar Prism Power, Make up! And also give me a teensy bit of gems!||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Solar Ray Rifle is a Special weapon introduced in the 9.1.0 update.
It is a rifle that shoots a yellow solar ray. It has good lethality, a good rate of fire, good mobility, and a small along with a reasonable capacity.
It has a gray base with a yellow stock in the back, a yellow handle, a yellow ammo pack, and three yellow rings covering the sides of the near front of it. There is a big, blue mirror crystal with two white glass magnifiers in front of it, one that is large with a red crosshair and another one that is smaller with a red dot.
It is a weapon held with both hands that automatically shoots a yellow-colored laser at a high fire rate and instant bullet travel time. This weapon functions similarity to the Freeze Ray Rifle.
When reloading, the energetic magazine at the bottom of the gun is taken out and is replaced by another one. It has no delay mechanics.
- Conserve ammo, the ammo on this weapon goes down extremely quickly.
- When attacking enemies who are spread out from each other, do not fire the weapon when not aiming at a target, or you'll have to reload and/or you'll be running out of ammo quickly.
- Use this against very mobile targets.
- It doesn't have a scope, so avoid long-range areas.
- It has very good damage, and getting headshots improves much more damage to the enemy.
- In lower levels, this weapon can be extremely powerful against new players. This weapon is not recommended for use in levels higher than 45, as many opponents will have weapons that will easily counter this.
- When at low health, escape using a weapon such as the Pulling Sucker Gun.
- This weapon doesn't contain a lot of ammo, so move quickly or rocket jump to drain the user's ammo.
- Use an overpowered weapon, such as the Ultimatum, to quickly eliminate the user.
- Ambush the enemy and strafe him/her while not stopping and, if recommended, rocket jump to quickly kill the enemy.
- Pickoff its users from long ranges.
It is easy to run out of ammo, so carry another strong weapon when either reloading in heavy fire or when searching for ammo.
- This weapon can provide very solid individual gameplay and kills at lower levels. In higher levels, this would serve better as a support weapon, perhaps finishing off weakened enemies when they try to flee. Its decent accuracy paired with little to no recoil could be used to take out highly mobile enemies in the hands of a skilled player or to kill off enemies who resort to running away very often. Always carry with you some decent mid-long ranged weapons, as it is fairly easy for anyone to finish off this weapon's ammo supply and this weapon does not always perform very well when used as your primary weapon in matches.
- The gun would be impossible to aim in reality due to the big, blue mirror crystal obstructing the sights.
- It has a stronger counterpart, the Void Ray Rifle.
- This weapon, along with many other automatic laser weapons, has a hidden Piercing Shot attribute.