|“||A shotgun with a Tesla Coil and electromagnetic field that make the initial acceleration of shells higher.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Space Devastator (originally named the Space Redeemer) is a Primary weapon introduced in the 15.7.0 update. It is part of the Alien Santa Event Set.
It is an alien-themed shotgun. It shoots high-velocity shells which have instant travel time and is able to pierce through multiple targets. At max Efficiency and if all pellets hit, it will take a single headshot and two bodyshots at close range to kill a target.
It appears to be an alien-themed space shotgun.
It features a red/light blue color scheme with a solid stock, pistol grip, a red body, pump, and a blue barrel.
The shotgun is held by both of the player's hands. It shoots shells which have instant travel time and can pierce through enemy players and monsters. It holds 5 bullets in a magazine and when spawning, the player is given two extra magazines.
When reloading, the gun expands outwards, ejects the magazine to the left and the player inserts another magazine which then the weapon will contract.
- It is possible to 1-2 shot a max armored player.
- It's a shotgun, so it's best to use this in close quarter combat
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Switch to weapons with a longer range when enemies are too far away for the shotgun's effective range.
- Like most other shotguns, it is an effective weapon to counter charging Melee users.
- Don't spray and pray with the weapon, despite it having a high damage output, it has a high fire rate and low magazine capacity.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Like with other Piercing Shot weapons, don't use other players as meat shields. The projectiles will skewer through the player before you and hit you.
- Try to avoid getting too close to its user(s).
- If you're caught off-guard, shoot them with your area damage weapon as it can disorient their aim.
- Jump while strafing to minimize the chances of being hit.
Bring a weapon with more capacity, a scoped weapon that is more suitable for longer ranges, and an a Area Damage weapon.
- Initial release.
- Its name was changed from "Space Redeemer" to "Space Devastator".
- Upon release, it was named the Space Redeemer.
- Despite the Space Devastator and the Devastator both containing the word 'devastator', they are not similar to related to each other.