|“||Finally, there are no insects on Venera. WAIT, WHAT IS THIS? A MOSQUTIO WEARING A SPACESUIT?||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Space Disinfector is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 13.3.0 update.
It is an orange and green bomb launcher that shoots out explosive green bombs. It deals good damage, a good fire rate, a great capacity, and low mobility. It has area damage.
It is a reskin of the Dark Matter Generator.
It has an orange and red body with a red ammo clip, dark red handle, and a spinning light green crystal because surrounded by two vertical light blue rings (Used to fire the weapon).
This weapon shoots green crystal particles with a circle around them. These particles leave a green matter explosion on impact and this explosion has area damage. This weapon shoots these particles at a high fire rate. It also allows Rocket Jumping without self-damage.
When reloading, the player takes out the clip from behind and replaces it with another one.
- In the 15.9.0 update, it got buffed to a 3-4 shot but got its fire rate nerfed to 84. However, the bullet speed got increased, and the area damage effect(not radius) got reduced, so it's useful as a rocket jump tool or taking out players with this thing alone.
- Spam it, as it has a high rate of fire.
- You can easily push players around with this gun as it has the area damage effect.
- The projectile will leave a vortex that can continue damaging players for a few seconds.
- Aim at the enemy's feet for better damage, unless they tend to jump and move a lot.
- This pairs very well with the Singular Grenade.
- Great for enemies with wooden armor.
- Allows rocket jumping without taking damage, useful when getting onto tall places or getting out of sticky situations.
- Stay away from the enemy and attack from a far distance.
- The vortexes can be seen and travel slower than bullets, so avoiding them is easy.
- Most enemies attack without aiming at the ground, so keep strafing while jumping around them for ensured survival.
- Many area damaging Heavy weapons, such as Christmas Ultimatum or Sly Avenger can make short work versus this weapon's users.
- Initial release.
- There was a typo in the name, as the Armory shows that name 'desinfector' instead of 'disinfector'. It was fixed in this patch update.
- It is currently a 3 shot, with 84 fire rate.
- Curiously enough, the Space Disinfector's firing sound is a slightly edited version of Halo 2: Anniversary's "Fuel Rod Gun".