The Spear of War is a Melee weapon introduced in the 17.8.0 update.
The weapon appears to be a Greek spear with the tip being gold and the hilt is rose-colored, the bottom appears to have 4 spikes around each side, there also is a band on the spear which is yellow with red marks.
The shield is also Greek themed as it has the helmet of Ares on the front with it being colored with all red alongside yellow-gold stripes and marks.
When attacking, the player performs a stabbing animation and deals great damage to whoever gets hit. It is usually 1 shot depending on modules if not, 2 shots or the burning effect will finish them off. You also have to aim it precisely, as the hitbox is quite small.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Spear of War will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- As with every melee weapon, use this whenever the enemy is trying to get close to you.
- Equip Energy Shield module combination and rush to your enemy to kill them with ease.
- Immediately switch to this weapon if you see an opponent with a weapon with so as to avoid taking additional damage.
- In Clan Raid if you encounter the Fireball Tower equip this as you will take some damage from the projectile but no burning damage.
- While this weapon has good range, it has 65 mobility so use a melee weapon with 85 or 100.mobility to outrun its users if you are escaping.
- If engaged in a melee combat, strafe while trying to hit your enemy.
- Use this weapon yourself to counter its users.
- Never use burning weapons (if you plan to weaken them) as the burning effects will be nullified.
- Bring a powerful Sniper with you.
- Initial release.
- Range got increased.
- Got nerfed into a 4 shot kill to gold clan armor players.
- It is the second weapon to have the Protection From Burning attribute after the Pyro 1116.
- It is one of the few weapons that are held up high.
- Like the Combat Yo-Yo and Whip with Cake, it has a longer range than other melees.