|“||After spinning this mechanism, you will overwhelm your enemy with a burst of rapid fire. It will penetrate your opponents and cause bleeding.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Stakegun is a Primary weapon introduced in the 13.5.0 update.
It is an orange re-skin of the Icicle Minigun with a big red symbol on the side. It has decent damage, fast fire rate, above average capacity, and great mobility.
It is a re-skin of the Icicle Minigun (PG3D), with a wooden theme. This weapon has some distinguishable changes from the Icicle Minigun (PG3D). The first big change is the color scheme. Secondly, the icicle sign was changed into what appears to a red gem/core. The icicles have also been changed into what appears to be wooden stakes.
This weapon shoots wooden stakes with instant bullet travel time that slow down the player. It shoots these stakes automatically but being a minigun, this would mean there is a small delay for the barrel startup before shooting.
When reloading, the clip from the weapon's back is taken out and is replaced by another. It has no delay mechanics.
- As one of the most powerful miniguns, it is quite underrated. People tend to underestimate or not knowing how to counter this gun, so you can easily get a lot of kills early on until the enemy counters your playstyle.
- This weapon can deal a high amount of damage to an enemy player, so aim for the head to further increase the damage.
- As this has the piercing shot attribute, keep in mind that you can attack multiple enemies at once. Better still, use the Singular Grenade to cluster everyone together and kill all of 'em.
- This weapon is a great counter to the Stealth Bracelet gadget. This is because every time the opponent bleeds, a blood icon will give away their location, allowing you to trace them.
- Reload only when you are safe or when you run out of the ammunition in a clip, as this weapon has ammo that can easily be exhausted and has slow-medium reload speed.
- In small maps like Classic Pool, the piercing shot ability is useful when enemies are near the spawn, bunching together. Then, you can use the stake gun and make quick work of all of them.
- Try using Sniper weapons or engage at a distance as this weapon does not have a scope.
- As this weapon has a slow reload rate, use a high mobility weapon like the Dark Force Saber to strafe around so that the opponent can exhaust his/her ammo and you can seize the opportunity to kill him/her.
- Try to ambush the user, then use a close quarter weapon such as Ghost Lantern or Gas Launcher.
- When hit by bullets from this weapon, you will be slowed down, and to prevent being attacked by a torrent of bullets, you advisably rocket-jump away or use a high-mobility weapon like the Dark Force Saber to speed away. Another alternative is that you can switch to a 1 shot kill weapon so that you can rid your enemy and recover from the slowdown effect.
Have a long-range or wall break Sniper weapon to counter other snipers. Also, bring a close-quarters weapon to deal with people trying to ambush you. Alternatively, you could bring the Firework gadget with you, as the person trying to ambush you will get launched into the sky, giving you time to escape or kill them.
In the 13.5.3 update, it now possesses a slowdown attribute even though it is not mentioned in the armory.
This weapon was slightly buffed in the 15.3.0 update, along with some other unpopular primaries.
The Minigun attribute was added to the weapon, making it have to take a short period of time to spin up in order for it to fire.
- This as released in the 13.5.0 update along with some other weapons.
- The name might refer to the myth that vampires will die if they get stabbed by a wooden stake.