The Star Shard is a Backup weapon introduced in the 18.1.0 update.
It is a futuristic themed pistol that fires solar-powered projectiles in the form of controllable rockets. It deals a great amount of damage, has a decent fire rate and mobility, and has an average ammo capacity.
It features a white/black/blue body, a large ball of solar energy at the back of the weapon, a nonfunctional sight, and a red trigger. At the front there is a yellow Tesla coil.
When reloading, the user will hit the side of the weapon.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Star Shard will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- Aim at the middle of groups of enemies.
- Spam the weapon when enemies are inside a tight corridor like a hallway.
- This weapon runs out of ammo very quickly, make sure to constantly reload and find ammo packs.
- Use this weapon to severely damage heavily armored players and finish them off with ease.
- Always focus on the target when using this weapon.
- This weapon is 2-3 shot kill.
- Like with most weapons with the Manual Guidance attribute, it can be hard to use effectively. Try practicing aiming and leading projectiles towards moving targets.
- Since this has Manual Guidance, you can take out enemies that are taking cover behind objects.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try to wait until the user is out of ammo, then attack while they are vulnerable.
- Run away from the user with a high mobility melee weapon like the Double Cashback.
- Flamethrowers and shotguns can be useful for quickly killing users at close range.
- Go around sharp corners to make the rockets explode and miss.
- Get close to the enemy so the rockets go behind you.
- Try and get in front of the rockets. Once they are behind you, the user won't be able to turn them around.
Have an effective Primary or Sniper weapon for long range combat.
- Initial release.
- This is the first Backup to have the Manual Guidance attribute.