|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
|“||Designer Toms: Let's make an ultra durable shield out of the magazines for this weapon, so that the fighter would feel himself in danger only while reloading...
Engineer Cors: He ALREADY feels that way
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The State Defender is an SMG added in the 6.3.0 update and was an upgrade for the Brave Patriot. In newer versions of the game, it is a different weapon to the Brave Patriot. Now they are both in the primary section of the Armory, and it is a remodel of the Brave Patriot (PG3D).
It is a WW2 themed rifle featuring a 2x scope. It also has a high firing rate, a huge capacity, low mobility, with high damage.
It is a WWII Thompson Machine Gun, with a very large shoulder stock. The gun is almost all green camo, with an American Flag style drum magazine.
When the fire button is pressed, the weapon will fire in full-auto. These bullets are hitscan. This weapon has a 2x zoom optic sight, making it useful for dogfights.
When reloading, the user will take out the drum magazine and insert a new magazine in its place. It has no delay mechanics.
- Use this in short to medium ranges.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Use the 2x scope when engaged in long ranged attacks.
- Jumping and strafing could help in dodging enemy fire and confusing your opponents.
- Equip a different weapon if you plan to run or escape enemy fire.
- Jump around and strafe to avoid getting hit.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Area damage can knock off his/her aim.
- Initial release.
- Its first form, the Brave Patriot, became a separate weapon, though it didn't have any upgrades.
- The weapon received an extra upgrade.
- It was removed.
- It was brought back into the game.
- In the Spanish version of the game, it is called Gun America.
- This gun is good for medium range shooting.
- It has a fold-up handle, but it is collapsed in its picture in the gun selector.
- The drum clip has a red-blue-white design that resembles the Captain America Shield.
- It is based on the real world M1928A1 Thompson with a 50-round drum clip.
- Even though the Thompson SMG is slightly inaccurate in real-life, this weapon is one of the most accurate primary SMG in the game.
- Its scope appears on some projectile weapons like the Cherry Bomb and the Firestorm G2.
- The reload time of the State Defender is slower as of the 8.0.0 update than when it was released (excluding the Brave Patriot's reload animation).
- This weapon is disguised as the Combat Rifle when you get killed by it.
- The Kill Icon appears to be missing the second handle.