|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is a game content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Steam Power (PGW).
|“||Cube Newell announces another sale! Buy two barrels, get one free!||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Steam Power is a [[::Category:Primary|Primary]] weapon added in update 8.0.0. It used to be the third and final upgrade of the Deadly Candy.
It is a steampunk shotgun that shoots a spread of bullets. It has medium lethality, a high rate of fire, decent capacity, and decent mobility. This weapon does not feature a scope, making it difficult for long-range shooting.
It is almost identical to its predecessor, but all the bronze and gold turned into black. It has a triple barrel setup. This weapon is based on the real world Chiappa Triple Threat. The design goes along with the Steam Revolver.
Like any other shotgun, this weapon shoots a spread of regular bullets with instant bullet travel time and it can perform best at close range since it is a shotgun. The bullets are shot at a high fire rate. It has no other attributes.
When reloading, the player opens the barrels, the bullets jump away from the back of the barrels, the player inserts a new group of bullets and closes the barrels. It has no delay mechanics.
- Always use in close range combat due to this weapon's large bullet spread. Avoid open areas when possible and lure your target into a more closed-in space in the map.
- Attack enemies from behind when ambushing them. And aim for the head for maximum damage.
- Paid this with the Turbocharger module combination so you can spam-fire this weapon without having to worry about its ammo for a moment.
- Aim carefully, as its reload isn't the fastest and it has a small capacity of 6 shots.
- At point-blank ranges, the weapon becomes lethal with well-placed headshots.
- Due to its slow reload, one needs to take cover whilst moving around to compensate the perceived weakness.
- Or if you have no time to reload, your Backup weapon can save you from this instance, especially when it dons a good firing rate.
- It can quickly kill low-flying Jetpack users, especially if one is paired with at least a height-boosting accessory.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Users of Steam Power are prone to constant reloading due to the gun's high fire rate, and low capacity. Try to pick them off while they're reloading.
- Area damage weapons can easily pick off its users.
- Avoid engaging in close range combats on those users. If you do. Try to finish them off with an area damage weapon with/without combined with series of Rocket Jumps.
Have a weapon with a longer range.
- Initial release.
- It has been named "Steam Power" from "Super Steam Power" and the old Steam Power has been removed from the game. It costed 65 (200 with previous upgrades).
- It got spread damage.
- It was removed for unknown reasons. This weapon was 'disguised' as an ordinary Pixel Gun, like many other removed weapons' fate. However, this does not affect the person wielding this weapon.
- It was brought back to the game along with other older removed weapons to celebrate the game's birthday.
- The weapon's capacity was increased from 3 to 6.
- This is one of two weapons that has a back-up counterpart. The other one is Plasma Rifle (not including holiday-themed weapon sets).
- Surprisingly, 2-4 head-shots to a full adamant armored player can kill them, a feat usually only found with high-ranking weapons. But like the Mega Destroyer against players, this weapon does terrible damage against mobs (3-4 shots to kill a normal zombie).
- This shotgun appears to be a brother to the Blundergat from the infamous Call Of Duty series.
- In the 10.0.0 update, it received 2 new upgrades.
- It fires faster than its stats. However, like the Apocalypse, its reload is slow, lowering its fire rate stat.
- The Deadly Candy (150) was more expensive than the Steam power (135 ).
- Steam Power used to one-shot kill at close range, but was eventually nerfed to a 4 shot, making it arguably one of the worst shotguns in the armory, as even the Assault Shotgun is capable of 2-shotting enemies, while having a higher ammo capacity than the Steam Power
- This gun was removed from the armory and can only be purchased from the Trader's Van.
- The gallery description references Steam and its founder, Gabe Newell.
- It makes the same sound as the Double-barreled Shotgun (PG3D)
- It's kill icon it the same as the Double-barreled Shotgun (PG3D) just with different colours which is surprising as it has 3 barrels compared to the two of the other weapon
- It might be biased off the Chiappa Triple Threat, an gun with origins in Italy