|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is Pixel Gun 3D or Pixel Gun World content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Steam Power (PGW).
|“||Cube Newell announces another sale! Buy two barrels, get one free!||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Steam Power is a Primary weapon added in update 8.0.0. It used to be the third and final upgrade of the Deadly Candy.
It is a steampunk shotgun that shoots a spread of bullets. It has medium lethality, a high rate of fire, decent capacity, and decent mobility. This weapon does not feature a scope, making it difficult for long-range shooting.
It is almost identical to its predecessor, but all the bronze and gold turned into black. It has a triple barrel setup. This weapon is based on the real world Chiappa Triple Threat. The design goes along with the Steam Revolver.
Like any other shotgun, this weapon shoots a spread of regular bullets with instant bullet travel time and it can perform best at close range since it is a shotgun. The bullets are shot at a high fire rate. It has no other attributes.
When reloading, the player opens the barrels and ejects the used shells. A new group of bullets is inserted and the barrels are closed. It has no delay mechanics.
- Always use in close range combat due to this weapon's large bullet spread. Avoid open areas when possible and lure your target into more closed-in spaces.
- Attack enemies from behind when ambushing them and aim for the head for maximum damage.
- Pair this with the Turbocharger module combination so you can spam-fire this weapon without having to worry about its ammo temporarily.
- Pair this with the Lucky Shot module combination so you can blast enemies in the head at point blank range and instantly get the ammo back.
- Aim carefully, as its reload isn't the fastest and it has a low capacity of just 6 shots.
- At point-blank ranges, the weapon becomes lethal with well-placed headshots.
- Due to its slow reload, one needs to take cover whilst moving around to compensate the perceived weakness.
- Or if you have no time to reload, your Backup weapon can save you from this instance, especially when it dons a good firing rate.
- It can quickly kill low-flying Jetpack users, especially if one is paired with at least a height-boosting accessory.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Users of Steam Power are prone to constant reloading due to the gun's high fire rate and low capacity. Try to pick them off while they're reloading.
- Area damage weapons can easily pick off its users.
- Avoid engaging in close range combats on those users. If you do, try to finish them off with an area damage weapon with/without combined with series of Rocket Jumps.
Have a weapon with a longer range.
- Initial release.
- It has been named "Steam Power" from "Super Steam Power" and the old Steam Power has been removed from the game. It costed 65 (200 with previous upgrades).
- It got spread damage.
- It was removed for unknown reasons. This weapon was 'disguised' as an ordinary Pixel Gun, like many other removed weapons' fate. However, this does not affect the person wielding this weapon.
- It was brought back to the game along with other older removed weapons to celebrate the game's birthday.
- The weapon's capacity was increased from 3 to 6.
- This is one of two weapons that has a back-up counterpart. The other one is Plasma Rifle (not including holiday-themed weapon sets).
- Surprisingly, 2-4 head-shots to a full adamant armored player can kill them, a feat usually only found with high-ranking weapons. But like the Mega Destroyer against players, this weapon does terrible damage against mobs (3-4 shots to kill a normal zombie).
- This shotgun appears to be a brother to the Blundergat from the infamous Call Of Duty series.
- It fires faster than its stats. However, like the Apocalypse, its reload is slow, lowering its fire rate stat.
- The Deadly Candy (150) was more expensive than the Steam power (135 ).
- Steam Power used to one-shot kill at close range, but was eventually nerfed to a 4 shot, making it arguably one of the worst shotguns in the armory, as even the Assault Shotgun is capable of 2-shotting enemies, while having a higher ammo capacity than the Steam Power.
- The gallery description references Steam and its founder, Gabe Newell.
- It makes the same sound as the Double-barreled Shotgun (PG3D)
- Its kill icon is the same as the Double-barreled Shotgun (PG3D) just with different colours which is surprising as it has 3 barrels compared to the two of the other weapon.
- It might be biased off the Chiappa Triple Threat, an gun with origins in Italy.