|This content is available in both Pixel Gun 3D and Pixel Gun World! If this is Pixel Gun 3D or Pixel Gun World content, its counterpart is described in another article!|
This article describes a Pixel Gun 3D weapon. If you're looking for the same weapon in Pixel Gun World, see Steam Revolver (PGW).
|“||Steampunk is back in black! An optical sight and a leather handle - everything you need to feel the steampunk on your fingertips.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Steam Revolver (previously known as "Steam Revolver V3") is a Backup weapon introduced in the 8.0.0 update (formerly 4.4.0 as the Powerful Gift).
It is a steampunk-themed revolver that shoots regular bullets. It has high damage, a decent rate of fire, low capacity, and high mobility.
The Steam Revolver is a steampunk-based weapon. It looks similar to the Old Revolver, but with additional attachments. It's mostly gray, gold and brown, and it has 3 razor blades underneath the barrel and features a 4x zoom scope. It's colors are similar to the Steam Power as well.
It shoots regular bullets that have instant bullet travel time. It performs best at close to medium range, but the scope does allow longer ranged battles.
When reloading, the cylinder is taken out and the player replaces the used bullet shells with usable bullets then spins the cylinder back to its original form. It has no delay mechanics.
- Combine it with different weapons to increase effectiveness.
- Use the scope when engaging enemies from afar, as this weapon is good to use in long ranges.
- If you want to conserve ammo: time your shots, use the scope and stand still.
- It is useful to take down monsters in Campaign and Co-op Survival for it is often used for this purpose.
- This weapon can be a quite effective sniper substitute if used properly.
- This can be used to easily pick off spotted snipers.
- It can be used to make a good damage output. Aim for the head for maximum effect.
- This weapon is deadly in close ranges, but it will take some time to kill a maxed armored player, so target weakened enemies or use this to tear down their armor and then switch to another weapon.
- Be conservative of the ammo, because if you spray and pray then you will run out of ammo very quickly.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Due to its low capacity, you can convince the user to run out of ammo by strafing around them.
- Area damage weapons easily pick off its users, especially when they are combining other weapons with it.
- Hide behind cover to prevent receiving heavy damage.
This weapon is good in all ranges, except for very long range. While it has a 4x scope, have a Sniper weapon to take out even longer ranged enemies, in case you run out of ammunition due to it's low reserve capacity. Also, have a close ranged area damage weapon for easier and faster killing.
- Former release as the Powerful Gift.
- Initial release. It was previously known as the "Steam Revolver V3".
- A golden skin was added for the weapon. It is unlocked at the Wooden League.
- Its starting combat level was changed to 8.
- The capacity of the weapon was buffed from 8 to 10.
- Its capacity was nerfed from 10 to 8.
- 21.7.0 it was removed from battle royal.
- This gun is somewhat similar to the Old Revolver.
- Just like the Old Revolver, its based on the Smith and Wesson Model 29.
- However, for some reason, this gun has a scope, where in real life the recoil from this type of gun could easily injure someone using a scope. Besides that, revolvers or handguns don't generally have scopes.
- Because this is a re-skinned version of the Powerful Gift, it still retains the half Christmas tree below the barrel. However, even the half Christmas tree got a re-color.
- The Christmas tree that appears underneath the barrel is how the Christmas Sword looks, but without the star.
- In the 11.0.0, if you have the golden skin, you can equip it, and the half Christmas tree would turn golden.
- In the recent 13.5.3 update, this weapon now has a starting combat level of 8. Fully upgraded this weapon will have a maximum combat level of 14. Assuming every upgrade would increase the efficiency by 2, fully upgraded this weapon would have an efficiency of 30.