|“||It was called "The Death of Speedster" among the soldiers, as it isn't very hard to get quick opponents after some training.||”|
—Stinger's Gallery description
The Stinger is a Heavy weapon introduced in the 9.4.0 update.
It is a military rocket launcher that shoots rockets that can be manually guided by the player. It deals good damage at a decent firing rate with a decent capacity and decent mobility.
It has a green-colored launch tube, barrel and handle. It also has a grey firing mechanism and a green guiding system. It also has yellow stripes on the end of the barrel and launch tube. It also has a dark olive colored missile box magazine.
This weapon launches rockets with a steamy trail that follow the user's crosshair and the center-dot when aiming down the scope. So, the rockets in this weapon certainly have a bullet travel time and this weapon has a 4x scope, allowing longer ranged battles. When landing into a wall or a player, they leave an explosion.
When reloading, the clip is taken out and is replaced by a spare one. It has no delay mechanics.
- Focus near the feet for a certain chance of hitting your target. Use the neighboring range.
- Use this weapon to severely damage heavily armored players and finish them off with ease.
- Always focus on the target when using this weapon.
- If you are quite skilled enough, you can use this in long ranges and against jetpack targets.
- Take advantage of its area damage by using this weapon against groups of enemies.
- Use it in medium range, so you can see where the missiles are going.
- Spam the weapon, to compensate its average damage.
- It is an ideal weapon to hit enemy armor hard.
- Use this to encounter Ghost Lantern/Soulstone users.
- This weapon runs out of ammo very quickly and you may find yourself with no ammo at all. Make sure to constantly reload and find ammo packs.
- Useful against groups of enemies, due to its area damage, tied with fairly fast fire rate.
- Use a Sniper to pick the user off.
- If the you are targeted, move away from the rocket and try to steer tightly around objects, this way, there will be a chance for the rocket to hit an object, instead of you.
- Avoid being in groups with friendly targets. As single rocket can lead into devastating damage or unexpected deaths.
- After the opponent fires, use an automatic weapon, like the Hellraiser, to easily headshot the opponent until they die.
- Don't forget about the time the rocket has like the Judge it has a limited flight time.
- Its rockets it lobs out does NOT have health, so shooting it will not do anything.
- When the opponent runs out of ammo, use this as your opportunity to attack.
- Keep attention to your surroundings since you will not know you will be hit by its users in surprise.
- Strafe around so you don't get hit, but be careful since this thing has manual guidance.
- If you are more confident, you can switch to a good melee weapon and rush the user. Aiming a weapon with travel time is extremely difficult, and escape would be impossible. Strafe side to side, as this weapon's rockets have a large turning radius. Make sure you don't stand right in front of them, or they can hit you directly with ease.
Bring a Sniper weapon to fend off enemies in long range combat.
Initial release as a rentable weapon (Android only).
It was then removed from the Lucky Chest.
Its efficiency was buffed from 25 to 34.
- When you fire this at a pet with the flying attribute, it will circle around the pet until it explodes.
- The idea of manually guiding rockets (in gaming) dates back to the HECU RPG from the iconic PC and XBOX game known as Half Life. They both use laser-guided rockets.
- This was a new rentable weapon added in update 9.4.0. alongside the Exterminator.
- It seems to be a hybrid between the real life FIM-92 Stinger SAM Missile Launcher, and the SMAW Rocket Launcher, due to it having an attachable launch tube in the back.
- Despite being used to take down aircraft, it is used like a regular missile launcher and targets players instead. (Even more unusual is that in real life, the Stinger would need a heat signature to lock on to an enemy aircraft while the human body's heat would be low enough to allow the missile to just not lock on to it.)
- Also it holds 4 missiles, even though the real life version only holds 1 missile.
- And it has an ammo clip, even though in real life you load one rocket at a time.
- Though the real life version uses an Infrared Homing targeting mechanism to guide the missiles, this uses Laser Guidance to guide the missiles to targets.
- This weapon and its upgrades are the only weapons that have the manual guidance function.
- It was not rentable for iOS.
- It has the counterpart weapon, which is the Judge.