|“||Be unstoppable like a perfect storm and destroy your opponents. After Portalius was eliminated, his supplies were handed to the military forces and the weapons became the trophies of the soldiers.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Storm is a Primary weapon introduced in the 15.9.0 update. It is part of the Super Soldier Event Set.
It is a special forces-themed assault rifle that shoots regular bullets. It's design is sleek and has red scope frame. It has very good damage, low capacity, high fire rate, and average mobility.
This gun features a blue, red, gold, and gray-colored palette.
It is a bullpup assault rifle with a blue accent. It features a 25 round magazine, an under-barrel grenade launcher, and a 4x scope.
The player holds this weapon with both of their hands, mainly by grabbing its handle. The player automatically shoots regular bullets with a small splash radius. Moreover, this weapon possesses a 4x scope for long-range battles.
When reloading, the player takes out the magazine from the gun, inserts a fresh one, and pulls back the bolt to chamber a round into the gun.
- Take advantage of its explosive rounds.
- Despite having Area Damage, it is possible to aim for the head.
- Aim very well, since it does not have much ammo on use.
- Use the 4x scope for ease in long-range encounters on enemies.
- Considering its low ammo count, you have to find for ammo pickups so as to continuously use this weapon.
- Its explosive rounds do not have a large explosion radius, so you have to try aiming for enemies directly instead.
- Pair this with a high damaging Backup weapon, like the Exterminator or Shotgun Pistol.
- Make sure to reload frequently.
- Use this in Realistic Brawl because believe it or not, It can kill in just 1 second.
- Pick off its user(s) from long ranges.
- Any one-shot weapons will do the trick.
- Jump around to avoid its shots, but be wary of its explosive rounds, albeit small.
- Hide behind a thick wall as the area damage isn't the best, but make sure that you are not too near its explosion.
Bring any long-range weapon.
- Initial release.
- Its fixed delay was removed, but will still activate upon Three Category Spam.
- This weapon, along with its event skin, was put in the Trader's Van as part of the Community Van that was hosted by the developers.
- This weapon is from the Super Soldier Event set along with the Overseer and Instigator.
- It is based on the OTs-14 Groza with a GP-30 underbarrel grenade launcher.
- Interestingly, Groza is Russian for "Storm".
- This is the first Primary weapon-based from the real-world that fire explosive rounds upon firing.
- Like most Primaries with a grenade launcher, the said attachment is just for cosmetic purposes.
- It is 6-7 shots, but only if you directly hit the enemy. Otherwise, it's 8-9 shots.
- One of its skins, Asimov, is based on a Counter Strike weapon skin, spelt "Asiimov".