|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
|“||There aren't many people who know that the hammer is a tiny apartment for the thunder elemental. It has a patio and a mini-bar, and you have a majestic energy weapon.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Storm Hammer is a Melee weapon introduced in the 10.0.0 update.
It is an electrical hammer that emits a thunderous radius when swinging. It deals a high amount of damage, a quite slow attack speed of 74, and a good mobility 85. It is a 2-3 shot kill when maxed out.
It has a big silver head with a lightning symbol in the middle, as well as a blue and black striped handle with a golden bottom. When swung, the top opens up and shoots out white lightning in a ring pattern surrounding the user. The storm-like ring it puts around it most likely resembles Thor's hammer, Mjölnir.
Despite its category being melee, its range is bigger than most melee weapons, due to its area damage attribute. This weapon emits a thunderous radius that deals a lot of damage when the player is inside the radius.
- Use this to mow down heavily armored players due to its high damage.
- Although this has an area damage effect, the closer players are to the hammer, the damage output will increase slightly. So, try to get closer to the enemy when possible.
- It is a 2-3 shot kill, and along with area damage, it is ideal for compact areas.
- However, keep in mind that when dealing with enemies equipped Developer armor players, this will be a 3-4 shot kill.
- This weapon is powerful when combined with Stealth Bracelet, as the user can utilize invisibility to slaughter enemies. Coming from above has a similar effect although it requires timing.
- It is possible to get many kill streaks with this weapon if you're skilled enough.
- Use this in Knife Party, because many other players may use non-area damage Melee weapons, where you have the upper hand against them.
- In melee versus melee combat in a choke point, it is recommended to move forward while in the swinging animation and move back while the lightning is coming out. This allows for multiple enemies to be hit and you can't be chased as there is a high chance someone was behind you and could be finished off.
- In 1v1s, stay extremely close to your enemy so full damage will be dealt. Try to avoid their line of sight, be advised against certain weapons, this tactic won't work (like the Ghost Lantern), where it is best just to switch to a longer-ranged weapon.
- In Knife Party swing this then run past the opponent while it's in the air and then it will hit the opponent and run back while swinging and it will kill them.
- Use this melee with energy shield, since enemies can't hit you when energy shield is equipped (except melees).
- You can also put a Shiv and an Astral Blade module to increase its attack speed and range so you can get multiple kills with this weapon even more.
- Since it got its area damage reworked, try to attack players in front of you to deal the most damage.
- Pick off its users from long ranges.
- Use a weapon with "Slows Down Target" attribute to prevent the user catching up or escaping.
- Its users can't hit any enemies high up in the air. Therefore, the Jetpack or Rocket Jump can solve the problems they cause, but you need to avoid some unsuspected surprises, like how they will attempt to shoot you with projectile weapons.
- It is recommended to jump and run with a melee weapon (with wear that boosts your jump height and/or melee movement speed) then use something like the Big Buddy to shoot at the user.
- This also applies to other weapons that deal lethal damage, like the Ghost Lantern.
- When in Knife Party, use other lethal/long ranged melees, such as the Combat Yo-Yo.
- A good Primary should be able to take these users out with experience and skill.
- Use the slow swing rate as you advantage and snipe with a high damage weapon, like the Anti-Champion Rifle.
Have a weapon with a longer range if engaged in long-ranged combat.
This weapon is undoubtedly popular among Pixel Gun 3D players (for both bad and good ways), especially around its release. Though it became less popular over time due to the multitude of nerfs and less uniqueness towards the weapon. Although it the first weapon to have an area of effect which is what made it unique, more melee weapons got the same attribute.
In the 10.0.0 update, ever since its initial release, many players who saved up coins for the 10.0.0 update bought the Storm Hammer and spammed this weapon excessively in matches for the next few updates, when it kept getting nerfed.
However, as of the 18.0.2 update, it was buffed by 40%, making it a 2-3 shot kill again, and it could possibly regain popularity when it comes back later, it could even be more powerful if you improve it to Legendary or Mythical or if you put good modules on it.
In the 21.2.0 update, it's area damage was nerfed and reworked, making this weapon less used and it seems that it is not used by many people.
- Initial release.
- Lethality reduced to 27.
- Attack speed reduced to 84.
- Attack speed reduced to 82.
- Mobility reduced from 130 (80 in modern value) to 120 (70 in modern value).
- Lethality reduced to 24.
- Radius was reduced.
- Cost changed to 255. Before this update, it was the most expensive coin currency weapon not only in the Melee section but the most expensive coin currency weapon in the entire game as its cost used to be 700. Some considered its extravagant price to be worthy, as this is one of the most powerful melee weapons in the game but it was ultimately changed to a 255 price tag.
- This weapon received some new special effects or particles when you use this to attack. Now, there is a little blue energy circle whenever you swing it along with a new lightning particle.
- This weapon was slightly buffed.
- This weapon used to be graded Legendary, but after an unknown update, the grade was degraded to Epic for unknown reasons.
- This weapon got removed from the armory.
- Its damage was increased by 40%.
- This weapon was added back to the Armory along with other weapons.
- Its Area Damage received a rework.
- This weapon is undoubtedly based off of Mjölnir, the hammer of Thor, as it has a lightning symbol on it and is mainly blue in color.
- Sharing a very similar color scheme to the Zeus Chain-Sword it might indicate that lore-wise the storm hammer is actually Greek as the chain sword has Zeus in the name and the Storm Hammer only has "storm".
- It is the first melee weapon that has the Area Damage attribute.
- This weapon was unlocked at level 27 along with the Secret Forces Rifle, Dual Hawks, Sunrise and "Bastion".
- Due to its infamous nature of being a high damage-area damage weapon in past, it used to be dubbed the 'Spammer Hammer' or 'Hammer Spammer' and it was spammed commonly by players.
- This is most likely due to how common it used to be in Knife Party.
- In past, this was one of the most used melee weapons in the game, however, when it got buffed by 40% in the 18.0.2 update, it would possibly regain its popularity again due to it being a 2-3 shot kill again, it could possibly be a 1 shot kill if being fully upgraded to Mythical With high modules.
- When adding High Modules with the Astral Blade and the Shiv module (if the module levels are high enough) to this weapon, it makes this weapon go back to its old Pre-Nerfed legacy, which makes this weapon even more overpowered, which is capable to get kill streaks even faster.
- In the 184.108.40.206, this weapon was brought back at the armory for , and with it's 40% buff, it makes this weapon worth the price due to it being a 2-3 shot kill despite being epic.
- This weapon was not used by many people due to its area damage rework and nerf, however, some people use it for its mobility