The Supply Airdrop is a Backup weapon introduced in the 20.0.0 update.
The Supply Airdrop is a flare pistol/radio combination. The radio only serves as a cosmetic, and cannot be interacted with. In the other hand holds a flare gun, similar to that of the red Signal Pistol, only this one has sports orange and yellow colors. It has a capacity of 8, and the ammunition regenerates at a rate of about 1 cartridge every 4-5 seconds. Shooting involves firing a red signal smoke, which deals damage upon hit. After a 1-1.5 second delay time, a crate will fall on the location of the flare from a plane in the sky and explode, emitting ammunition and green hp particles.
It appears to be a bulky yellow pistol with a yellow walkie-talkie. The pistol has a normal handle with a hollow in the side and a red button which acts as the trigger. Its barrel features a huge cannon-like appearance with the letters "SOS" printed on its sides, which is a morse distress signal. The front of the barrel is curved outwards. Its underside also features a black handgrip. The walkie-talkie is orange with black and gray sides and a blue screen, which has a pair of frowning eyes. Its top features a long gray antenna.
The player will shoot out a flare that leaves a red trail. Wherever the flare lands is where an airdrop (dropped by a plane) will land. The actual bullet itself (not the airdrop) heals teammates, and also restores your teammates ammo (usually 1 ammo per single shots weapons, and 6 for most automatics) being the first weapon that features ammo restore for allies.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Supply Airdrop will always have a pull-up time lasting around half of a second.
- Use this in close range due to its area damage ability.
- Use this to heal your teammates and also restore their ammo.
- When low on ammo, hide somewhere to let it regenerate before fighting again.
- This is extremely effective when used with a jet pack.
- Try to predict where the enemy is going because the supply drop is devastating.
- Don't forget it has lifesteal as a hidden attribute, so you can shoot enemies and heal yourself (the closer the bullet lands to the enemy, the bigger the heal you get)
- Pick off its users from long range.
- Because of its fixed delay, pick off the users when they are pulling it out with a strong weapon.
- With the travel time, you have a chance to jump away from the bullet.
- If you managed the dodge the red flare, dont forget about the airdrop that comes after. Also the supply drop will still spawn, even though you have killed the user after they shot the red flare.
- Initial Release.
- It was secretly powercrept.
- Its front may be somewhat based off the Big Buddy and the Circus Cannon.
- It somewhat resembles the Signal Pistol.
- This weapon appeared as the Huge Boy for player who didn’t update their game before the Christmas Rescue Season Battle Pass came out.
- The Airdrop actually deals damage when it hits the ground, acting as some sort of aftershock.
- This is the second backup that has teammates healing, the firsts being the Healing Staff and the Witch Doctor.
- The area damage can be just as big, in some cases even bigger, than most heavies (its just above Proton Freezer and just below Destruction System, and about the same as Debugger)
- Although there may be a roof above your head, the air drop will still fall through as if it has wall-break.
- This is the first weapon that can restore the ammo of allies.