|“||The essence of the shadow world was used to forge this mysterious weapon. Now it emits dark energy around self. A fun fact: it is quite good to use it to cover yourself from the Sun in the summer.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Sword of Shadows is a Melee weapon introduced in the 11.1.0 update.
It is a purple, Halloween themed sword that can attack players in close range, it is a charge weapon which when charged to the max, it will turn the player invisible. It has good damage, low attack speed, and decent mobility.
It is a weapon with a glowing purple blade and handle. The handguard is green. There appears to be a glowing red eye in the middle of the handguard. The entirety of the weapon appears transparent grey when fully charged.
This weapon is a Melee weapon, so it can only be used in close range. This weapon can deal more damage the more it is charged up. When the weapon is fully charged, the player becomes invisible. Once the player releases the fire button, they swing the button and become no longer invisible until the next time they charge. It can one hit to the head and occasionally the body depending on the player's Modules.
The Shiv can reduce charge time of this weapon, allowing it to reach full charge faster. The higher the module level, the faster the charge time.
- Be careful near enemy pets, as the pets can attack you while you are invisible.
- In Raids, the monsters can see you even when you are invisible. This is evident due to the gray specks that goes within your body.
- Use this weapon in Campaign to avoid enemies.
- Use this weapon in capture to secretly capture flags or points.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Try to keep this weapon at full charge, as you will remain invisible for as long as the fire button is held. This is helpful for stealth, especially when used for fending off players that mainly look around instead of moving.
- Use this to counter Guardian users, as the Guardian cannot attack invisible enemies.
- This weapon is great for sneaking behind enemy lines in any game mode due to the fact it keeps "invisibility as long as you need.
- It is used for escaping snipers, but make sure to move erratically so he/she will have a hard time aiming towards you.
- Use this weapon in Arena, because the mobs can't see you.
- Just because you're are invisible does not mean you are 100% safe. Enemies can still see your miniature specks around your body, which are the primary dead giveaways.
- Because you can't really see their body, don't use a weapon with a small projectile. Use flamethrowers and area damage weapons
- Pick off its users with guns/weapons capable of covering much more distance than this one.
- It is thought that a fully charged Sword of Shadows is considered a 1 shot weapon and is introduced as so in many compilations. Although not proven, this signifies insane damage, enough to do a hit and run.
- Much like with the case of the Stealth Bracelet, you can identify invisible opponents as a cluster of white specks.
- The Sword of Shadows requires a full charge in order to actually turn users invisible and to deal the maximum damage possible with the weapon as well; Try and kill them off with your guns before they can achieve a full charge.
Have a longer ranged weapon, in case you attempt to pick off snipers.
- Initial release
- The weapon received a small buff, wherein the time to fully charge the weapon was slightly decreased
- The weapon is removed from the Armory
- The weapon is brought back to the Event Chest
- It has 3 re-skins , which is the Leader's Sword, Santa Sword and Chip Sword.
- This was added in the 11.1.0 update, along with the Napalm Cannon and the Dracula.
- This is the only weapon thus far that has the Invisibility attribute.
- The Sword of Shadows, the Charge Cannon, Big Fatality Gun, Orbital Pistol, Jet Tenderizer, Energy Drill, Airstrike Laptop, Manga Gun, Laser Rings, BIG DATA, Mr. Mixer, Charge Rifle, Eraser, Eye of Ra, Portal Cannon, Professional Bow, Protector of Peace, Fireball Gauntlet, Runic Hammer, Sly Wolf, Witch's Sheep Cauldron and the Charge Rifle are the only weapons thus far that are Charge Shot weapons.
- It seemed to have received a small buff in the 11.3.0 update, where it slightly decreased the time required to fully charge the weapon.
- However the charge time for all charge weapons are nerfed, reducing the efficiency of this weapon.
- In the 16.5.0 update, it seems that this was removed from the armory.
- It was brought back to the Event Chest in 16.6.0.
- In an unknown update, you can no longer see the invisibility when fully charged up in the armory, although it still works in game.
- Because of its removal, when viewed in Escort, it looks like the Fire Demon.