The Tactical Scorcher is a Primary weapon introduced in the 21.7.0 update. It is part of the Secret Prototype Event Set. It is a sci-fi themed laser rifle that has the ability to ignite enemies on fire. It deals low damage per shot but is combined with a high rate for a high DPS, this is paired with a large ammo capacity and decent mobility.
It has a silver white body with a black skeletal stock and a black pistol grip with a red trigger inside. On top, there is a red holographic sight, and a silver energy cell housed in the center of the body. It's barrel at the front is black with light blue highlights with metal fins on the side and on top.
When reloading, the energy cell will pop out of the weapon. While this is happening, it is noticeable that the scope folds down into the weapon and goes back up after the energy cell is inserted again, finishing the reload process.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Tactical Scorcher will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- Aim for the head of targets to maximize damage.
- This weapon is perfectly accurate at long range. This can be used to eliminate snipers, since there is a scope with good magnification present.
- Jetpack users could also be easily killed with this weapon due to its accuracy, however, be sure to make every shot count because wasting ammo with this weapon is not an option.
- It has a large amount of capacity, but use it wisely when attacking groups of enemies as the ammo can be drained very quickly.
- Use the Leader's Drum and Halloween Mask to increase its damage output.
- The attribute is useful for dealing additional damage to enemies over time.
- When an enemy is using a high damaging weapon such as a Sniper weapon, use this to decrease their damage potential.
- Pick off users at long range.
- DO NOT take these users head on, as they'll rip you apart in seconds even with the most powerful weapons. Instead, ambush them from behind with a powerful weapon like Dragon Bite or Ultimatum.
- Area damage and shotguns make quick work of users.
- It is deadly to attack head-to-head against users at close range. Instead, try flanking around the user and attack them from their sides.
- As this weapon has the attribute, use it to your advantage so that you can trace the laser back to the user's location.
- Strafe around users while attacking to make them deplete their ammo reserves.
- If locked in a dual, use the Time Machine to escape, deny their kill with the Denied!, or reflect some of the damage with the Reflector.
- Use the Sly Wolf, or the Biotic Shield to block their shots.
In case of running out of ammo when attacking enemies, use another weapon to help ensure survival before reloading again. Although it is noted that this weapon has a somewhat fast reload time being about 2-3.5 seconds.
- Initial release.
- Damage decreased by 5%
- The damage has increased by 3% (body) and 4% (head), but the fire rate decreased a little, but it is still 100 fire rate.
- It is believed that this weapon has x2 zoom, although this is not confirmed due to the scoped attribute not showing in the armory.
- This weapon has slight recoil when the first shot is fired, but decreases till it only fires in a straight line after spraying.