|“||Why does a tomahawk need a laser aiming device? Because you won't hit anyone without additional assistance.||”|
—Weapon’s description in Gallery
The Tactical Tomahawk is a Special weapon introduced in the 12.2.0 update.
It is military-themed tomahawk that is thrown to hit a player. This weapon can deal high damage, has decent mobility, a slower than average fire rate, and 16 capacity (31 when ammo capacity is full).
The weapon has a grey shaft connected to a grey and silver blade at the tip, with a dark tan/very dark gray handle, at the bottom of the weapon. On top of the weapon, there is a grey laser sight emitting a dark red laser.
When used, the player throws the weapon, which rotates through the air until it hits an object.
The player throws this weapon to deal damage to the player. When used, this weapon rotates through the air until it hits an object. This shows that it has a medium bullet travel time. Moreover, this weapon has a bleeding effect, making an opponent hit by this weapon lose extra health for a few seconds. It can also pierce through players.
This weapon has a single-shot system so it has no reload animation. It has no delay mechanics either.
- Aim at the head to deal more damage.
- Do not stop moving when using this weapon.
- The weapon's travel time diminishes this weapon's effectiveness at long range. However, it can be used effectively at close to medium ranges, depending on the player's skill.
- If your target is moving, try predicting where your target's position will be and then throw it.
- Using this weapon against weakened players will finish them off quickly.
- It has a vertical hitbox making it easier to land headshots and allowing the user to jump a lot more than one with a horizontal hitbox, as a result it is hard to hit someone that is strafing.
- Keep in mind that skilled users will be able to finish you off quickly (by estimating your position), so a 'hit and run' strategy is recommended.
- Pick off these users from long ranges.
- Keep moving around the user while attacking.
Equip a weapon with a better range and a larger capacity. For example, the "Sunrise".
- Initial release
- Despite being considered a tomahawk, it resembles more of the Scythe.
- The combination of both the weapon itself and the laser sight mounted on top could be a reference to 'tacticool' weapons; weapons with attachments and accessories that serve no tactical purpose.