|“||Cubetec tribes still use it. We don't know the secret of sharpening yet, but such a spear goes through any armor like a hot knife through butter.||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Throwing Spears is a Special weapon introduced in the 16.5.0 update. It can be obtained for a limited time from the Event Chest.
It is a tribal-themed spear that is thrown as a projectile. It has good damage, a good fire rate, low capacity, and decent mobility.
As its name suggests, it features a wooden shaft with a grip made out of wrapped vines, various colored feathers near the head, and a stone-tipped edge.
The player throws this weapon to deal damage to the player. When used, this weapon is thrown through the air until it hits an object. This shows that it has a medium bullet travel time. Moreover, this weapon has a bleeding effect, making an opponent hit by this weapon lose extra health for a few seconds. It can also pierce through players.
This weapon has a single-shot system so it has no reload animation. It has only fixed delay.
- For some reason this weapon has a broken hitbox, as when you kill an enemy while aiming the the body yet it still shows as a headshot kill. So use it as your advantage.
- Do not stop moving when using this weapon.
- The weapon's travel time diminishes this weapon's effectiveness at long range. However, it can be used effectively at close to medium ranges, depending on the player's skill.
- Due to the Piercing Shot attribute, it can be used against groups of enemies. Line up your shots perfectly to hit multiple enemies at once.
- If your target is moving, try predicting where your target's position will be and then throw it.
- Using this weapon against weakened players will finish them off quickly.
- Use a slowing weapon before using this weapon so your aim will be better.
- The Bleeding attribute can deal damage overtime, eventually killing them if the enemy's health is low enough.
- Pick off the user at a long range.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try to avoid getting into the user's line of sight or general aiming direction.
- Do not be fooled by its looks since it is a throwing weapon, as the name suggests.
- Flank around the user with a shotgun or melee weapon and attack them from behind.
This weapon works well for a close-medium, high damaging weapon. Equip a fast-firing Primary or Backup to finish players off.