The Thunder Storm is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 17.2.0 update. It is part of the Ancient Master Event Set.
It is an oriental/mage themed "sniper" weapon that shoots thunderbolts with special properties and instant bullet travel time. It has good damage, a slow fire rate, good capacity, and low mobility.
It takes on the resemblance of an ancient embroidered scroll, with a golden dragon entwined around a purple rod. Next to the rod is a cracked tablet with a thunderstorm illustration and an golden encrusted edge. It shows its age with a section missing from it. When the player holds it, lightning particles will levitate upon the hand, kind of like a scope.
On the right hand, the player wields some form of energy and they hold this weapon (the scroll) on their left hand. This weapon shoots a pink thunderbolt that has instant bullet travel time. It also possesses a 4x zoom optic sight, which is a blue floating scope. Moreover, the bolt can slow down the target and do chain damage to them, which means deal the same damage to an opponent that is nearby the affected opponent.
When reloading, the player inserts energy from their right hand to this weapon. It has no delay mechanics.
- Use this in long-range maps, because of the 10x scope.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- Try strafing while aiming to prevent enemies from hitting you when engaged in a firefight.
- If an enemy survives the shot, finish them off with a Primary or Backup weapon.
- Its mobility is rather low, equip a melee weapon when moving around.
- It has the Chain Damage attribute, so make sure to fire it when there are groups of enemies in close quarters.
- Take advantage of Silent School's long and narrow corridors.
- Use this against mobile players. due to .
- If engaged in a sniper duel, take time to aim.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Avoid being too close to your teammates.
- When hit, pull back while firing and wait until the slowness effect wears off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try to wait until the user is out of ammo, then attack while they are vulnerable.
- Flank around the user with a shotgun or melee weapon and attack them from behind.
- Avoid being caught in the open when there is a sniper, stick to cover and locate the sniper then attempt to counter-snipe them with your own.
- Flamethrowers and shotguns can be useful for quickly killing its users in close ranges.
- Initial release.
- It is one of the three weapons in the Ancient Master set.
- While not listed in the attributes of this weapon in the armory, it has a small area damage effect.
- It is one of the four weapons displayed on the Temple of Elements multiplayer map.
- It is one of the two weapons to have a unique scope, the other being the Neutron Pulsator.
- Its crosshair is similar to the Double Cashback's crosshair.
- It could be seen as an upgrade or a better version of the Thunder Spell, as both weapons are related to Thunder and are snipers.