|“||You know what? Go to the aqua-park with this thing. Finally you will amaze the enemy spies "HQ, the enemy submarine has broken the surface in the... water slide"||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Torpedo Launcher is a Heavy weapon added in the 15.6.0 update.
It is a dark gray submarine that fires a pair of torpedoes. This weapon has high damage, moderate fire rate, low capacity, and decent mobility.
It takes the appearance of a dark gray and red submarine that would fire torpedoes, it has a pistol grip near the propeller. It also has a pair of silver antennas on it, wings on the back, tiny black windows and possibly a flag on the front.
This weapon, despite its pistol grip, is held with both hands. It shoots a pair of torpedo rockets from the front of the gun. These torpedoes leave a watery trail instead of a steamy trail like most rockets would do.
When reloading, the player opens the bottom of the gun and puts a handful of rockets inside the weapon four times. Apparently, since this weapon has a capacity of 6 and for every time it is shot, it shoots 2 rockets, then for every time a player puts rockets inside the gun, they put three of them.
It has Fixed Delay. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Torpedo Launcher will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- Use this against multiple enemies to maximize its area damage potential.
- The weapon fires burst shots, allowing the user to severely damage multiple enemies in a single burst.
- Watch out for ammo, since it carries only 6 ammo on use.
- Switch to a high mobility weapon since it has just a measly 55 mobility.
- The recommended range for this weapon is short to medium. Time your shots to conserve ammo.
- Keep your distance when damaging multiple enemies, since you will be under collateral damage in doing so.
- Engage its user(s) from long ranges.
- The users can't hit most aerial units, so Rocket Jump or use the Jetpack against them. This tip can be applied to any slow-moving projectile weapons.
- Use a decent melee weapon on users with a low sensitivity. You can usually tell if they are a low sensitivity player.
- Use the Reflector (Gadget) to make its users less enthusiastic in hitting you.
- Any fast-fire rate weapons can overwhelm its users as the fire-rate is slow.
- Better yet, attack its users from behind so he/she will not be given time to counteract.
Equip a sniper weapon, since this weapon only performs well in close to medium range.
- Initial release
- Its damage was buffed.
- This weapon, along with its event skin, was put in the Trader's Van as part of the Community Van that was hosted by the developers.
- It is the only weapon that is submarine themed.
- It is one of the Heavy weapons that fires in bursts.
- Although this is clearly a different submarine, the idea of a submarine used as a handheld weapon could be a reference to the Steel Diver from the Super Smash Bros. series.