|“||You know what? Go to the aqua-park with this thing. Finally you will amaze the enemy spies "HQ, the enemy submarine has broken the surface in the... water slide"||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Torpedo Launcher is a Heavy weapon added in the 15.6.0 update.
It is a dark gray submarine that fires a pair of torpedoes. This weapon has high damage, moderate fire rate, low capacity, and decent mobility.
It takes the appearance of a dark gray and red submarine that would fire torpedoes, it has a pistol grip near the propeller. It also has a pair of silver antennas on it, wings on the back, tiny black windows and possibly a flag on the front.
This weapon, despite its pistol grip, is held with both hands. It shoots a pair of torpedo rockets from the front of the gun. These torpedoes leave a watery trail instead of a steamy trail like most rockets would do.
When reloading, the player opens the bottom of the gun and puts a handful of rockets inside the weapon four times. Apparently, since this weapon has a capacity of 6 and for every time it is shot, it shoots 2 rockets, then for every time a player puts rockets inside the gun, they put three of them.
It has a fixed delay input. This means that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Torpedo Launcher always has a delay lasting around half of a second.
- Use this against multiple enemies to maximize its area damage potential.
- The weapon fires burst shots, allowing the user to severely damage multiple enemies in a single burst.
- Watch out for ammo, since it carries only 6 ammo on use.
- Switch to a high mobility weapon since it has just a measly 55 mobility.
- The recommended range for this weapon is short to medium. Time your shots to conserve ammo.
- Keep your distance when damaging multiple enemies, since you will be under collateral damage in doing so.
- Engage its user(s) from long ranges.
- The users can't hit most aerial units, so Rocket Jump or use the Jetpack against them. This tip can be applied to any slow-moving projectile weapons.
- Use a decent melee weapon on users with a low sensitivity. You can usually tell if they are a low sensitivity player.
- Use the Reflector (Gadget) to make its users less enthusiastic in hitting you.
- Any fast-fire rate weapons can overwhelm its users as the fire-rate is slow.
- Better yet, attack its users from behind so he/she will not be given time to counteract.
Equip a sniper weapon, since this weapon only performs well in close to medium range.
- Initial release
- Its damage was buffed.
- This weapon, along with its event skin, was put in the Trader's Van as part of the Community Van that was hosted by the developers.
- It is the only weapon that is submarine themed.
- It is one of the Heavy weapons that fires in bursts.
- Although this is clearly a different submarine, the idea of a submarine used as a handheld weapon could be a reference to the Steel Diver from the Super Smash Bros. series.