The Traitor is a Sniper weapon introduced in update 21.2.0.
It is a purple sniper rifle with a scope. It deals average damage with decent capacity. Along with it's decent mobility, and a very fast fire rate.
It appears to be a bluish purple Sniper weapon with a red a purple magazine. It features of a purple skeletal stock with a red buttplate, a purple body, magazine, barrel, and a muzzle brake at the front. Red accents cover the weapon and it's paired with a scope. Its colors are similar to the Arahna Bite.
When the fire button is pressed by the player, It fires a bullet, damaging anyone in its way. When a bullet makes contact with an enemy it deals decent damage and slows down the target for a short amount of time.
When reloading, the user will eject the spent magazine, insert a new one, and pull the charging handle.
This weapon has Output Delay, meaning that this weapon will give a short animation to other Weapons with Input Delay when quickly fired and switched to.
- Aim for the head to maximize the damage.
- Use the scope when engaging enemies at long range.
- Use the attribute against fleeing or moving enemies to make it easier to land additional hits or finish them off.
- Take the time to aim first if locked in a sniper duel.
- The higher fire rate compared to other Sniper weapons can be used to output more shots.
- Try taking cover or run away from the enemy if spotted.
- Use a fast firing weapon to finish players off.
- Try to be accurate with your shots as it only has 6 shots per magazine and the fast fire rate can empty the magazine quickly if not careful.
- Though it has slightly higher mobility than most Sniper weapons, it is recommended to equip a Melee weapon when travelling around the map.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns make quick work of users.
- Strafe while jumping to minimize the damage taken from the weapon.
- Get in close with a weapon with lots of damage, however, if you approach head-on, experienced players can kill you without using the scope. Ambush the user or attack from behind for the best results.
- Avoid routes which other users are known to frequent.
- You can counter this with another sniper weapon.
- Take cover as much as possible.
This weapon is useful for a general purpose playstyle, especially for any mobile playstyles.
- Initial Release
- Ammo capacity increased from 6 to 10.
- Like the Guerrilla Rifle and the Adamant Sniper Rifle, it is based on the Dragunov SVD.
- It is one of the few semi-automatic rifles in the game. This makes it one of the weaker Mythical sniper rifles in the game.
- This weapon and the Tactical Pistol have a very similar shooting noise.
- Its firing sound is now shared by the Sniper Rifle (PG3D) as of 21.5.0 update.