The Triple Bite is a Melee weapon introduced in the 17.8.0 update.
Triple Bite is a Greek mythology-themed melee weapon released in the Olympus Update as part of the Insidious Hades set event. It deals high damage, has an average attack speed, and average mobility.
It appears to be a club with the three heads of Cerberus, the giant three-headed dog from Greek mythology. It has a red handle with a gold bottom and red chains near the head of the weapon.
When attacking, the player swings the weapon and releases a circular, cyan-colored effect around the player, dealing damage within 360 degrees. It is usually a 2-3 shot depending on modules.
It has Fixed Delay, meaning that once the player switches from any weapon to this weapon, the Triple Bite will always have a pull-up delay lasting around half of a second.
- This is a melee weapon, so it is best to use in close-range maps.
- Use this to mow down heavily armored players in tight spaces.
- In melee versus melee combat, it is recommended to move forward while in the swinging animation and move back. This allows for multiple enemies to be hit and you can't be chased as there is a high chance someone was behind you and could be finished off.
- You can use this to heal you as it has and a good damage radius.
- The Energy Shield module combination is a perfect combo for this weapon.
- Use a long-ranged weapon to kill users from afar.
- Equip a melee weapon with a longer range such as Bunny Smasher or Combat Yo-Yo, as it has a limited AoE range.
- Use another close-range weapon such as a shotgun or other AoE melee.
- When caught in a melee battle, try striking the user first, retreat, then strike again.
- Try running and jumping while attacking to avoid getting hit by the user's attacks.
- Use the Reflector gadget.
- Use the Stone Skin module combination to deflect its AoE effect.
- As a last resort, use the triple bite itself to counter its users. If you do not own the Triple Bite, use the Spirit Staff, as the two are very similar.
- Bring a powerful Sniper with you.
- Initial release.
- The weapon's damage was decreased by 20%.
- The Triple Bite weapon was temporarily obtainable through the "Fighter's Choice" special offer in the Shop section.
- Damage decreased by 10% (Actually 2%).
- Mobility was reduced from 85 to 65.
- It's area damage received a rework.
- It received a skin.
- Damaged increased by 30%
- It is based on Cerberus, which is a three-headed dog from Greek mythology born from the two monsters Echidna and Typhon.
- The Cerberus was known in Greek mythology as the hound of Hades, as it is the Guardian to the entrance of the underworld.
- It shares a unique death animation along with the Conductor of Souls.
- This weapon has gained infamy in the Pixel Gun 3D community due to its high fire rate and area damage.
- However after it received a fire rate nerf, a damage nerf and an AoE rework, it was considered to be highly underpowered.
- Modules can't change the range of this weapon.
- This weapon would be considered a bio mechanical weapon due to it having organic components and inorganic components.