|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
- Not to be confused with a similarly named weapon: the Christmas Ultimatum.
|“||When you have this gun in your hands, every sentence of yours becomes the ultimatum and needs to be executed right away.
The power of words and shotgun shells...
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Ultimatum is a futuristic/cyber-themed shotgun that fires multiple laser beams. When all shots connect, it can deal devastating damage and make a short work of heavily armored enemies.
Although it has a low firing rate, a very low capacity, and a low mobility, it is a shotgun that is able to one-shot enemies in the body further away than most other shotguns. It has no travel time, which means enemies are hit directly after firing.
It appears to be a futuristic, triangularly-shaped shotgun with a purple tinge and cyan highlights. The player reloads the weapon by flipping the barrel to the side, putting in a power cell, and flipping it shut. It has 2 attached blue power cells at its body as well as a handle and its stock behind it. It has the same theme as the Neutralizer. When firing this weapon, a blue muzzle flash appears before blue gas is expelled out of the weapon and quickly disappears.
Even without modules, the Ultimatum deals an extremely devastating amount of damage when all laser shots connect, especially in close-ranged firefights. It can also be used in ambushes thanks to its wall-break attribute, which can be used to eliminate players behind obstacles. However, it has a very low rate of fire and reloading time compared to most other Primary weapons, which makes the weapon risky to use against multiple opponents. It holds 28 ammo in reserve without any modules.
Like the Ghost Lantern, it does not require reloading once fired, which makes its reload animation strange to be present.
It has a slight delay when shooting a Backup, Special, or Sniper weapon that is capable of Three Category Spamming (such as Thunderer, Reflector, and Sniper Exoskeleton in their respective categories) before quickly switching to this weapon. However, shooting with this weapon then immediately switching back to any Three Category Spam Weapons creates a large delay output of about three seconds.
- This weapon should be used just like any other shotgun; at close range.
- If possible, try to equip Turbo Charger to decrease its bullet spread.
- Due to the shotgun rework bullet spread does not matter so try getting close and use piercing shells instead.
- This weapon has a wall-break attribute, which can be used to your advantage to pick off enemies behind walls, although the Efficiency is dramatically weakened when penetrating through walls. It is also useful for crowd control as its damage is very high.
- Target weakened opponents.
- Aim at the center of the target to guarantee that all lasers hit.
- Equip this shotgun with Burning Tiara, Storm Trooper Cape, Halloween Mask, Hunter's Altar, Piercing Shells, and Leader's Drum to boost its Efficiency dramatically.
- Equip the Butt of the Rifle module to decrease its pellet spread.
- Pairing the shotgun with Lucky Shot will almost eliminate the need of picking up ammo if all pellets land on the head.
- When planning to be used against heavily protected opponents using Mythical clan weapons, Robot Samurai, or any other health-increasing gadgets/weapons, sneak up on them like the way you use the Poseidon Trident and flank then attack to surprise them.
- Strafe around and switch to another weapon after shooting, as the fire rate is extremely slow.
- Try not to switch to a weapon with Input and Output Delay like the Exterminator/Thunderer as the low fire rate of this shotgun will drastically increase the delay of any weapons with delay. If you do intend to do so, Melee Switch out of the delay.
- Rocket jump when on the ground.
- It can one-hit kill an enemy through the wall in close range, which can be useful in close-quarter maps like Pool Party.
- Use this weapon in damage-decreased brawls as it will still often one shot players in close range.
- There is a reason this is the most wanted weapon, and that many believe it to be the best weapon in the game! Never stand still around users and stay well away.
- Stay far away from its users. Because of the way that shotguns work, it will be much more difficult to be killed at range.
- Note that most players with this weapon equipped may use longer-ranged weapons in conjunction with this weapon.
- Avoid hiding behind walls, since this weapon has a wall-break ability.
- Any high damage Snipers will take the users out. Be careful not to be outsmarted if you are camping in somewhere where they think you might be in.
- Be cautious when a user of this weapon is spotted, as when they are within close to medium range you will be immediately decimated. Do not underestimate this weapon because of its low firing rate, the damage is the highest of any weapon and it can still be a one shot from a decent range.
- When you hear the distinctive sound of the Ultimatum, especially in duels, it is advised to keep well away from the opponent. Attack them in sniper range with weapons such as the Anti-Champion Rifle and the Drilling Railgun.
- Simply run and hide when countering these users, as a weapon with 75 mobility and above can easily run safely away from them.
- Rocket Jumping can be useful to confuse the user.
- Sneaking up and attacking the user can prove effective when they're engaged with someone else.
- Use the Reflector (Gadget) to weaken opponents while they attack you.
- Use any slow down guns so the opponent can't get close to you.
- Attacking them with a high fire rate weapon can disorient them and make them miss their shots.
- When at corridors, use ricochet weapons to take out users hiding in corners.
- Mechs/Rocket Mechs are very useful against players equipped with the Ultimatum. They can help absorb the damage for long enough to retaliate.
It is currently unobtainable and the developers do not plan to return it to the Trader's Van. It is also confirmed that it cannot be obtained through an extremely high level Black Market or the Black Market in general.
On May 1, 2020, it was temporarily brought back to the Trader's Van to celebrate Pixel Gun 3D's Birthday. It was later removed on May 4, 2020, at 10:00 AM UTC. The developers do plan to return it one last time in a future Trader’s Van, as confirmed by Mel.
On July 24, 2020, the Ultimatum was brought back once again for 350 because it was a Cyber Season themed Trader's Van. It is confirmed that it was an accident. The weapon was promptly removed after 5-10 minutes of being in the Van. Players who bought it before it was removed were able to keep it.
Bring a weapon with high capacity, a scoped weapon that is more suitable for longer ranges, and an area damage weapon.
- Although it only has 1 shell and an excruciatingly long 'reload' speed for this weapon category, when used properly and in conjunction with other weapon categories, this weapon can lead to a swift kill with every opponents you face. It is still a good idea to bring good mid-ranged weapons such as the Exterminator or the Neutralizer.
- An automatic weapon to finish off weakened opponents.
This weapon is undoubtedly very popular among Pixel Gun 3D players. In fact, by demand, this is one of the most wanted weapons in the game. This weapon is loved by most players, but at the same time, others dislike it, usually either due to its performance or the fact that it's popular.
In the social media of the game, including the Pixel Gun 3D Facebook and Pixel Gun 3D Discord, a lot of players requested this weapon somehow returning to the game. So, in November 2019, this weapon was returned once in the Trader's Van and returned twice at least a month later along with a Christmas skin.
On March 28, 2020, on the 1st year anniversary of the Pixel Gun 3D Discord, the developers decided to give away 20 free Ultimatums for people over level 30 as a way to celebrate the anniversary.
On May 1, 2020, it was brought back to the Trader's Van once again to celebrate the game's anniversary. It is still one of the most wanted weapons in the game and its popularity skyrocketed exponentially, especially in the Pixel Gun 3D Discord, where people heavily discussed this weapon. It was talked about so much to the point where the moderators had to blacklist the weapon's mention by automatically deleting the message of the person who says it, mainly to reduce complaints and to prevent excessive conversation flood.
After the Ultimatum was pulled off of the Trader's Van, the blacklist for the name of the weapon itself was lifted. It was this point, that the Ultimatum was never likely to return back to the Trader's Van because of its meta use during casual games.
On July 24, 2020, it was accidentally brought back into the Trader's Van. It is by then still one of the most wanted weapons in the game. Because its price was 350 , many people purchased the weapon before the developers removed it from the Trader's Van.
In the context of this weapon, "ultimatum" could mean it is the "ultimate weapon", which alludes to its extreme power and capabilities. Generally, an ultimatum is a final demand or proposition made by one party to another which would cause a resort to force or action if rejected. This relates to the weapon by the fact that it is very powerful and ends gunfights quickly, similarly to how a military ultimatum would end a war or rebellion.
The English word "Ultimatum" comes from Latin 'ultimatus' (perfect passive participle of 'ultimō'), which can be translated as "final", "extreme", "last", "furthest", or "farthest".
- Initial release.
- The Ultimatum was unobtainable after the Cyber Season Battle Pass, but it was temporarily added in the Trader's Van for the first time at the cost of 170, then later 450 (for the second time). It had fixed delay, which was later removed.
- The Ultimatum was unobtainable for a while but was then released later in the Trader's Van for 1000 for 2 days.
- The "Christmas" cosmetic skin is released for the Ultimatum. The weapon itself was brought back three times. It was most commonly priced at 750 for those who didn't buy the Ultimatum.
- The Ultimatum and its "Christmas" cosmetic skin was released in the Trader's Van for 910 - 950 to celebrate the game's anniversary. It was also nerfed.
- It was accidentally brought back to the Trader's Van for 350 . It was removed approximately 10 minutes after it was brought back.
- Its damage was decreased by 12%.
- It was secretly buffed again.
- It received a shotgun reworked and its damage is reduced again down to 225 body.
- Its muzzle flash was changed.
|“||We still wonder, isn’t it TOO OP?||”|
—Developer note in the Gallery
- The weapon is one of the first Primary weapons to feature the Wall Break attribute, the other being the Industrial Nailer.
- The weapon has the lowest capacity and firing rate among all primary weapons, with only having 10 shots total with no enhancements and a firing rate of 42.
- Despite having a reload animation, it does not need to reload to be fired again. It is actually quicker to fire, quickly switch to a non-delay weapon, then switch back.
- This is one of the obtainable Cyber Season Battle Pass weapons introduced in the 15.3.0 update, along with the Cyber Revolver, Rocket Hands, Cop's Club, Sniper Cyber Module, Neon Lightning, Cyber Slicer, Industrial Nailer, Particle Accelerator, Quadruple Death, Cyber Laser, Laser Rings, and the Ricochet Rifle.
- This is the second Mythical shotgun to be added to the game. The first being the Viking.
- This shotgun takes one headshot or one body shot(if most of the pellets hit the target) to kill a max armored opponent.
- This shotgun came back in the Trader's Van for 1000 . It used to be 450 , but the developers increased the price.
- This weapon was resold on November 29, 2019 due to fans' requests.
- On May 1, 2020, it was brought back once again to celebrate PG3D's 7th Birthday. However, some fans were really disappointed that the developers brought it back again, even when they increased the price to 910 - 950 .
- On July 24, 2020, it was accidentally brought back again for 350 , then was removed shortly after. The people who purchased it before it was removed from the van were still able to keep it.
- Cubic.Games claimed that the Ultimatum would not return in various social media posts, but that clearly wasn't the case as the weapon has been brought back 5 times during 2020.
- Every time this weapon has been brought back, the word "Ultimatum" was blacklisted in the Pixel Gun 3D Discord to stop people from complaining about it.
- This is the most wanted weapon in the game, but also one of the most hated weapons to play against as it inflicts devastating amounts of damage per shot.
- The Ultimatum appeared in a meme in PewDiePie's 115th LWIAY episode (as part of a meme created by another user), with the timestamp being around 13:28 to 13:35.
- This is viewed as one of the best weapons in the game by players. The weapon at its prime was almost unrivaled and still reigns as one of the best, if not the best shotgun for three category spam.
- It is featured on an altar on the map Pixel Gun Office with the word "Nerf" written on the wall behind it. This is a joke made by the developers because of how many requests they've received about players complaining about this weapon being too overpowered.
- Its armory icon was slightly changed. It appears slightly longer and lighter.
- It’s very common to see a Three Category Spammer using this weapon because it can finish off enemies very easily.
- This weapon is actually obtainable from a very high level black market, although it is very unlikely.
- In the 21.1.0 update, an Event Set themed around this weapon was added, including the Final Verdict, Piercer, and Borders Eraser.
- This and the Masterpiece Musket are the only shotguns that have a fire rate lower than 70.
- This and the Warmaster are the only two weapons to be in 2 sets in the Gallery. (Ultimatum Collection & Cyber Neon).