|This content is exclusive to Pixel Gun 3D. It isn't in Pixel Gun World!|
|This article is a featured article, which means it is identified as one of the best articles produced by the Pixel Gun Wiki.|
- Not to be confused with a similarly named weapon: the Christmas Ultimatum.
|“||When you have this gun in your hands, every sentence of yours becomes the ultimatum and needs to be executed right away.
The power of words and shotgun shells...
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Ultimatum is a futuristic/cyber themed shotgun that fires blue laser beams that fade to purple in a spread like a shotgun that can pierce through obstacles and walls. When all laser shots connect, it deals with devastating damage and can make short work of an enemy if it is a headshot. It has a low firing rate, very low capacity, and decent mobility. Although it is a shotgun and the damage depends on its range, it is able to one-shot enemies in the body further away than almost any other shotguns. It has no travel time, which means enemies are hit directly after firing.
It appears as a futuristic, triangle-shaped shotgun with a purple tinge and light blue highlights. The player reloads the weapon by flipping the barrel open and putting in a power cell inside before flipping it back in. It has 2 attached blue power cells at its body, as well as a back handle and its stock behind it. It has the same theme as the Neutralizer. When firing the weapon, a blue muzzle flash appears before blue gas is expelled out of the weapon and quickly disappears, with the power cells pushing down into the weapon and raising back up.
Even without modules, the Ultimatum deals an extreme amount of damage when all laser shots connect, especially at close-ranged firefights. It can also be used in ambushes and thanks to its wall-break attribute, it can be used to eliminate players behind obstacles. However, for a Primary weapon, it has a very low rate of fire and reloading time, which makes the weapon risky to use against multiple opponents. It holds 28 ammo in total without any enhancements.
Like the Ghost Lantern, it does not require reloading once fired, which makes its reload animation rather odd to be present. The way it reloads, however, (which happens after every shot) is that after shooting, the front parts of the gun will move back, then forwards. After that, the large barrel on the gun is opened to allow the entrance of a blue bullet that the player puts inside the gun.
It has a somewhat small delay when shooting a Backup, Special, or Sniper weapon that is capable of three category spamming (like Thunderer, Reflector, and Sniper Exoskeleton in their respective categories) than quickly switching to this weapon. However, shooting with this weapon then immediately switching back to any three category spam weapon creates a large delay output of about three seconds.
- This weapon should be used just like any other shotgun, it should be used at close range.
- If possible, try to equip Turbo Charger to decrease its bullet spread.
- This weapon has a wall-break attribute, which can be used to your advantage to pick off enemies behind walls, although the Efficiency is dramatically weakened when penetrating through walls. It is also useful for crowd control as its damage is very high.
- Target weakened opponents.
- Aim at the centre of the target to guarantee all the pellets hit.
- Equip this shotgun with Burning Tiara, Storm Trooper Cape, Halloween Mask, Hunter's Altar, and Piercing Shells/Leader's Drum to boost its Efficiency dramatically.
- Equip the Butt of the Rifle module to decrease its pellet spread dramatically.
- Pairing the shotgun with Lucky Shot will almost eliminate the need of picking up ammo if all pellets land on the head.
- When planning to be used against heavily protected opponents using Mythical clan weapons, Robot Samurai, or any type of total health-increasing gadgets/weapons, sneak up on them like the way you use the Poseidon Trident and flank then attack to surprise them.
- Strafe around and switch to another weapon after shooting, as the fire rate is extremely slow.
- Try not to switch to a weapon with Input and Output Delay like the Exterminator/Thunderer as the low fire rate of this shotgun will drastically increase the delay of any weapons with delay.
- Rocket jump and shoot when near the ground.
- It can one-hit kill an enemy through the wall in close range, which can be useful in close-quarter maps like Pool Party.
- Use this weapon in damage-decreased brawls as it will still often one shot players close range due to its insane damage.
- Stay far away from its users, since this weapon has quite a large spread, less damage will be taken at farther ranges. However, most players with this weapon equipped may use longer-ranged weapons in conjunction with this weapon.
- Avoid hiding behind walls, since this weapon has a wall-break ability, even as its efficiency gets crippled by 75%.
- Use area damage weapons and/or long-range snipers to carefully take out its users.
- Be cautious when a user of this weapon is spotted, as when they get close, you will die quickly.
- Any high damage snipers will take the users out. Be careful not to be outsmarted if you’re camping in somewhere where they think you might be in, especially when your target is equipped with the Third Eye.
- Pick off its users from long ranges, the longer the better.
- Simply run and hide when countering these users, as a weapon with 75 mobility and above can easily run safely away from them.
- Rocket Jumping can be useful to confuse the user.
- Sneaking up and attacking the user can prove effective when they're engaged with someone else.
- Use the Reflector (Gadget) to make its users less enthusiastic in hitting you.
- Use any slow down guns so the opponent can't get close to you.
- Attacking them with a high fire rate weapon can disorient them and make them miss their shots.
- When at corridors, use ricochet weapons to take out users hiding in corners.
- Mechs/Rocket mechs are very useful against players equipped with the Ultimatum. It gives the mech user time to eliminate and plan.
It is currently unobtainable and the developers do not currently plan to return it to the Trader's Van. However, it is confirmed that it cannot be obtained through an extremely high level Black Market or the Black Market in general.
As of May 1, 2020, it was brought back to the Trader's Van to celebrate Pixel Gun 3D's Birthday, and it would probably be the last time Ultimatum was brought back. Though, as of May 4, 2020, at 10:00 AM UTC, it was now removed and it is unknown if it will return.
On July 24, 2020, it was brought back once again for 350 because it was a Cyber Season Themed Trader's Van including most of the weapons. It is confirmed that it was an accident. The weapon was removed after 5-10 minutes of being in the Van. Players who bought it before it was removed were able to keep it.
Bring a weapon with high capacity, a scoped weapon that is more suitable for longer ranges, and an area damage weapon.
- Although it only has 1 shell and an excruciatingly long 'reload' speed for this weapon category, when used properly and in conjunction with other weapon categories, this weapon can lead to a swift kill with every opponents you face. However, with this weapon being the shotgun it is, have a good mid-long ranged weapon such as the Exterminator or the Neutralizer.
- An automatic weapon to finish off weakened opponents.
This weapon is undoubtedly very popular among Pixel Gun 3D players. In fact, by demand, this is one of the most wanted weapons in the game. This weapon is loved by most players, but at the same time, others dislike it, usually either due to its performance or the fact that it's popular.
In the social media of the game, including the Pixel Gun 3D Facebook and Pixel Gun 3D Discord, a lot of players requested this weapon somehow returning to the game. So, in November 2019, this weapon was returned once in the Trader's Van and returned twice at least a month later along with a Christmas skin.
On March 28, 2020, when it became the 1st year anniversary of the Pixel Gun 3D Discord, the developers decided to give away 20 free Ultimatums for people over level 30 as a way to celebrate the anniversary. This was done because this weapon is still one of those wanted weapons in the game.
On May 1, 2020, it was brought back to the Trader's Van once again to celebrate the game's anniversary. It is still one of the most wanted weapons in the game and the popularity exponentially skyrocketed, especially in the Pixel Gun 3D Discord, where people were heavily discussing this weapon. It was talked about so much to the point where the moderators had to blacklist the weapon's mention by automatically deleting the message of the person who says it, mainly to reduce complaints and to prevent excessive conversation flood.
After the Ultimatum was pulled off of the Trader's Van, the blacklist for the name of the weapon itself was lifted. It was this point, that the Ultimatum was never likely to return back to the Trader's Van because of its meta use during casual games.
On July 24, 2020, it was brought back once again because of an accident, it is by then still one of the most wanted weapon in the game. Due to the price being 350 , many people purchased the weapon before the developers removed the weapon from the Trader's Van.
This weapon's name could be "ultimate", therefore indicating an ultimate fate. For the context of this weapon, it could mean it is the "ultimate weapon". In war, an ultimatum is a forced peace treaty from the victor, usually resulting in the loser paying hefty amounts to the victor.
- Initial release.
- Ultimatum was unobtainable after the Cyber Season Battle Pass, but it brought back and temporarily added in the Trader's Van for the first time at the cost of 170, then later 450 (for the second time). It had fixed delay, which was later removed.
- The Ultimatum was unobtainable for a while but was then released later in the Trader's Van for 1000 for 2 days.
- The "Christmas" cosmetic skin is released for the Ultimatum. The weapon itself was brought back three times. It was most commonly priced at 750 for those who didn't buy the Ultimatum.
- The Ultimatum and its "Christmas" cosmetic skin was released in the Trader's Van for 910 - 950 to celebrate the game's anniversary. It was also nerfed.
- The weapon was brought back to the Trader's Van for 350 by accident. The weapon was removed after approximately 10 minutes after it was brought back.
- Damage reduced by 12%.
- The word: “Ultimatum” is an actual word, which is when a person low in rank gives an order or command to their superior. It is considered very disrespectful to give an ultimatum in someplace like work, or the military.
- The weapon is one of the first Primary weapons to feature the Wall Break attribute, the other being the Industrial Nailer.
- The weapon has the lowest capacity and firing rate among all primary weapons, only having 10 shots total with no enhancements and a firing rate of 42.
- Despite having a reload animation, it does not need to reload to be fired again. It is actually quicker to fire, quickly switch to a non-delay weapon, then switch back.
- This is one of the obtainable Cyber Season Battle Pass weapons introduced in the 15.3.0 update, along with the Cyber Revolver, Rocket Hands, Cop's Club, Sniper Cyber Module, Neon Lightning, Cyber Slicer, Industrial Nailer, Particle Accelerator, Quadruple Death, Cyber Laser, Laser Rings, and the Ricochet Rifle.
- This is the second Mythical shotgun to be added to the game, the first being the Viking.
- This shotgun takes one headshot to kill as long as the efficiency is high enough, or most of its shots landed to kill a max armored opponent.
- This shotgun came back in the Trader's Van for 1000 . It used to be 450 , but the developers increased the price.
- This weapon was resold on November 29, 2019 due to fans' requests.
- On May 1, 2020, it was brought back once again to celebrate PG3D's Birthday. However, some fans were really disappointed that the developers brought it back again, even when they increased the price to 910 - 950 .
- July 24, 2020, because of an accident it was brought back once again for 350 , and then was removed shortly after. The people who purchased it were still able to keep the weapon.
- Cubic.Games claimed that the Ultimatum would not return in various social media posts, but it was not the case as the weapon has been brought back 5 times as of July 2020.
- Every time this weapon has been brought back, the word "Ultimatum" was blacklisted in the Pixel Gun 3D Discord as to stop people from complaining about it.
- This is the most wanted weapon in the game, but also one of the most hated weapons to play against as it inflicts incalculable Efficiency per shots.
- The Ultimatum appeared in a meme in PewDiePie's 115th LWIAY episode (as part of a meme created by another user), with the timestamp being almost exactly 13:28 to 13:35.
- This is, voted by players, one of the best weapons in the game. The weapon at its prime was almost unrivaled, and still reigns as one of the best, if not the best, shotgun for three category spam.
- It is featured on an altar on the map Pixel Gun Office with the word "Nerf" written on the wall behind it. This is a joke made by the developers because of how many requests they've received about players complaining about this weapon being too overpowered.
- Its armory icon was slightly changed. It appears slightly longer and lighter.
- It’s very common to see a three category spammer using this weapon because it can finish off enemies easily.
- This weapon is actually obtainable from a very high level black market, though it might be near impossible.
- In the 21.1.0 update, an Event Set themed around this weapon was added, including the Final Verdict, Piercer, and Borders Eraser