The Underwater Carbine is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 17.7.0 update.
It is a compact sniper rifle utilizing a number of pieces of technology. It deals a high amount of damage, with an average fire rate, a small ammo capacity and low mobility.
This weapon appears to be a mostly white sniper rifle with details of turquoise, yellow, and black. It has a grey/white stock, a white bolt containing a yellow bullet, a large cube scope with yellow lenses, and a white/blue magazine. At the front, it has a small turquoise barrel and a white/yellow muzzle.
When the fire button is pressed, the weapon will fire yellow bullets that will heal teammates when hit, and will target mark enemies when hit. When it target mark's enemies it shows a red arrow pointing to the enemy that has been shot. You can also see the red arrow even if the opponent is hiding behind a wall. After firing, the user will cycle the bolt with another bullet in the chamber.
When reloading, the user eject the used magazine and insert a new one and cycle the bolt.
- Aim for the head to maximize the damage.
- Use the scope at long ranges. Its high magnification makes it useful for precise aiming at these distances.
- Since it features a target mark attribute, aim at the enemies with the scope for about a second to mark them (a bar will fill up saying "Marking Target...").
- Your teammates can also see the marked enemy so use this to help them.
- In Duels mode, use the target mark to mark your opponent and see where they are, making it easier to spy them if they are hiding.
- Try strafing while aiming to prevent enemies from hitting you when engaged in a firefight.
- If an enemy survives the shot, finish them off with a Primary or Backup weapon.
- This weapon is very useful if one has a coordinated team since it allows a team member to be the designated healer, this is especially useful in gamemodes such as Raid and Siege.
- If you become the healer, then it's recommended to keep close to the team to determine who needs healing.
- Due to its range, it can be also useful for healing teammates from afar.
- Make sure you protect the healer, since the healer can keep the team alive longer.
- If engaged in a sniper duel, take time to aim.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try to wait until the user is out of ammo, then attack while they are vulnerable.
- Flank around the user with a shotgun or melee weapon and attack them from behind.
- Avoid being caught in the open when there is a sniper, stick to cover and locate the sniper then attempt to countersnipe them with your own.
- If the enemy team has a designated healer, target the healer first.
- If all else fails, use this weapon yourself to counter.
Carry around a high-mobility weapon to easily traverse around the map and finding sniping spots. A primary or backup weapon to finish off weakened opponent.
- Initial release.
- This weapon returned in the Super Lottery again, along with others associated with the Deep Dive Lottery.
- This weapon appeared as the Proud Eagle for players who hadn't updated their game before the Deep Diver Lottery came out.
- It is the first weapon to have both X-Ray Vision and Target Mark attributes.