|“||Long time ago the two gave oath of eternal love to one another. Hence, the destiny took them from each other. These hand machine guns were named after this love story of Venera and Mercury,||”|
—Weapon's description in the Gallery
The Venus & Mercury is a Backup weapon added in the 15.7.0 update. It can be obtained for a limited time during the Christmas holidays in the Armory.
It is a pair of space-themed machine gun pistols that shoot bullets automatically and simultaneously. It has decent damage, a high fire rate, a high capacity, and good mobility.
Each gun is decorated with a planet and/or space theme, with a green scope and pink aimpoint. It has orange skin with yellow lines around.
This is a dual-wield weapon, so the player equips each replica on each hand. The pistols are shot somewhat simultaneously. These pistols shoot regular bullets with instant bullet travel time. Moreover, these pistols possess a 2x zoom optic sight each so that they can be used more easily in long range.
When reloading, the player takes out the clips, puts a new magazine in both pistols off-screen, then shows the pistols again on-screen. This weapon has no delay mechanics.
- It is effective when used at a short-medium range.
- Do not use scope too often since it will decrease sight accuracy in intense gameplay.
- Aim for the head to maximize damage.
- It can be used to gradually tear down armor.
- This weapon can serve as a decent backup weapon when using high damage, low fire rate weapons such as a Sniper or a Heavy.
- Burst-fire for advanced accuracy.
- Pick off the user at long range.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns are effective against users at closer ranges due to their high damage output.
- Flank its users, so as to waste his ammo.
- Other automatic weapons can output more damage against users, especially Primary weapons such as the Excalibur and the Tactical Rifle.
This weapon can serve well for any playstyle or build, especially for those who main Snipers or Melee.
- Inital release.
- It looks visually similar to the Cyber Machine Gun due to the weapon's shape.
- They are both planet names.
- For some reason, no audio will play when scoping in/out
- Despite being named after the first and second terrestrial planets in the Solar System, as well as being part of the Space Threats, the description of this dual wield weapon reveals that it is more of a valentine weapon than a Space weapon because according to the gallery description, these two machine guns are named after Venera and Mercury in a love story.
- When reloading, they make a sound almost identical to that of the Dual Machine Guns/Emperor's Servants except with a small click when the magazine is inserted.
- It is the last Rare weapon to be ever released as of now.