The Vertical Grip Device is a Special weapon released in the 17.6.0 update.
It is a utility weapon that acts as a grappling hook but with a lot more ammo. It does decent damage, has a really fast fire rate for a grappling weapon, a small capacity for its fire rate, and a slow mobility (which will not matter too much since it is a grappling weapon). It is usually a 2 shot when maxed out.
It appears to be a gauntlet with a grey-blue armguard and a yellow circle in the middle, it appears to have a tiny yellow and green scope on top of it and the front has a red jaw claw with blue eyes similar to the Royal Ashbringer.
The player equips this weapon like a gauntlet. It shoots a projectile, which can reach only small distances. Wherever the projectile lands will allow the player to be automatically transported to that area, even if the projectile was aimed at a player. The projectile can also bleed the target, making them temporarily lose extra health. It can also steal the health of a targeted enemy, making the player heal any lost health with the aid of the weapon's use.
As of the 17.6.0 update, a new limitation mechanic was introduced in the game, but particularly in Flag Capture: If the person, who uses this weapon, carries the flag, it will be dropped upon the usage of this weapon. This limitation mechanic is automatically applied to this weapon, given that it is a weapon that can pull through the target.
When reloading, the player hits the gun then the "head" part of the gun makes a bite. It has fixed delay.
- Unlike most weapons, it's more suitable as a utility weapon than an offensive weapon.
- It is useful for getting on top of high places such as on top of rooftops or large structures.
- Use this in close range, since the projectile cannot reach far distances and it lacks a scope.
- Aim for the player and aim best at their head in close range.
- Do not target far spots: you will waste 1 ammunition and will not be able to go to the spot.
- The bleeding attribute can be used to deal additional damage to enemies over time.
- Immediately switch to any other weapon (except the Fatality Hook, the Pulling Sucker Gun, and the Portal Cannon) before capturing the flag in Flag Capture.
- Area damage weapons and shotguns can quickly finish users off.
- Strafe around the user while firing to avoid getting hit.
- Try running away, in particular, try rocket jumping away from its users.
- Use gadgets like Reflector or Stealth Bracelet.
- Aim for its users from long range.
- If a user lands on you, try to fend them off.
- If you can dodge a shot, the enemy will be pulled to the wall they hit. Use this opportunity to surprise attack him.
Equip any type of offensive weapon to be able to attack the players more easily.
- Initial release.
- Shortly after, it's capacity was nerfed from 4 to 3.
- It is the third weapon to have the pulling towards target ability after the Pulling Sucker Gun and Fatality Hook. But compared to the Fatality Hook, its pulling range is slightly higher.
- It is the first weapon with pulling towards the target that has more than 1 capacity.
- Its color scheme looks similar to the Royal Ashbringer.
- It shares the same armguard as the Siege Mode Gauntlet and the One-Punch Gauntlet
- It is the only weapon in the Mechanist set not to feature the word 'gauntlet' in its name.
- When using the Explosive Ammo module combination, the discarded ammo acts as another hook.
- When picking up ammo, it picks up 4 rather than 3.