|“||Synth-wave beats in our veins. A powerful gun for close-quarters fights that cuts the wings of your opponent.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Wave Pulser is a Special weapon introduced in the 16.7.0 update.
This is a Vaporware themed Special weapon that shoots one projectile per shot and has and attributes. The weapon is best to use for close-ranged maps like Classic Pool. It has high damage, medium fire rate, a extremely high capacity, and low mobility.
It is a weapon that looks similar to a rifle with magenta, grey, and black details. The animated triangles on the top of the weapon could most likely be a reference to the mountains of Retrowave themed wallpapers, but instead of purple, the animated triangles switch from dark to light blue with a green hue.
The weapon shoots big dark pink blue colored projectiles that take a form of a lattice. While firing, the weapon will be slightly risen up and the holographic triangles with the orb will become much smaller. If the weapon's projectile hits an enemy, it will deal some damage to him/her and give the effect. This projectile can go through and damage multiple opponents per one shot because of the attribute. It is capable of one shotting with maximum level modules but is often a two shot.
While reloading, the weapon's magazine is taken out, then put back. While reloading, holographic objects on the weapon will completely disappear. The reload animation is 3 seconds long.
The Wave Pulser has fixed delay, meaning that there's always delay animation while switching from any other weapons. It's basically the animation of taking out the weapon, and player isn't able to shoot at this moment. This weapon can't be used for the Three Category Spam because of it.
- Use this weapon in small maps due to the piercing shot and big bullet size.
- Try not to use this weapon in long range as the bullet travel is quite slow.
- Use the disable jumping attribute to your advantage.
- Switch to any weapon with 80 mobility or higher as the mobility is quite slow.
- This weapon's high capacity will make reloading less constant, so use that to your advantage.
- Attack the user(s) from long range.
- Strafe around the user so you don’t get hit. But be careful while doing so in close range as this weapon‘s projectile size and the hitbox is pretty big.
- If in close contact with its user, eliminate them with Area Damage weapons. Keep in mind that if you're too close to the explosions, you can damage yourself.
- Dodge the projectiles with a 85 mobility weapon.
- If you are in Silent School, try to avoid the long corridor if a Wave Pulser is spotted.
- It is not advised to spam this weapon in most maps, so if a user is spotted doing so, it shouldn't be a problem to eliminate them.
Equip any long ranged weapon.
- Initial release.
- The damage got nerfed to 2-3 shots kill, instead of 1-2.
- This weapon got its damage increased by 11%. (July 6, 2020)
- The little light ball on the top could be a digital synthwave planet.
- It has a similar firing sound as the Total Planner.