|“||We don't understand why this weapon has a red cross? Because of the painless and fast death or what?||”|
—Weapon description in the Gallery
The Witch Doctor is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 16.4.0 update. It can be obtained from the Trader's Van.
It is a medium-sized white sniper rifle with a scope with the ability to heal other teammates. It features decent damage, a decent magazine capacity and fire rate, but has low mobility.
The weapon features a solid white body with a red trigger, an orange magazine mounted from the side, a grey scope with a pair of white wings on each side. a short black barrel, and an orange/white muzzle.
The weapon fires syringes, which will heal any teammates when hit. These syringes release a small explosion upon impact. The weapon will not heal enemies, but rather damage them to be able to kill them.
When reloading, the clip is taken out and is replaced by another one. It has no delay mechanics.
- Unlike most weapons, it's more suitable as a utility weapon than an offensive weapon.
- Use the scope to your advantage, try sniping from a high place and picking off anyone in sight.
- This weapon's projectile speed is actually slower than most snipers so you would want to time your shot aswell.
- This weapon is very useful if one has a coordinated team since it allows a team member to be the designated healer, this is especially useful in gamemodes such as Raid and Siege.
- If you become the healer, then it's recommended to keep close to the team to determine who needs healing.
- Due to its range, it can be also useful for healing teammates from afar.
- Make sure you protect the healer, since the healer can keep the team alive longer.
- When using a sniper rifle, try to get into a position out of sight from the user.
- If caught in a sniper duel, try running in and out of cover.
- This weapon does poor in close range, meaning weapons such as shotguns and melee can decimate users within its range.
- Try flanking around the user then use a Melee weapon to kill the user quickly.
- If the enemy team has a designated healer, target the healer first.
This weapon should not be used as a main weapon, instead equip a weapon from the Primary, or Heavy category.
- Initial release.
- Damage increased by 15% and AoE radius increased by 5%.
- It is one of the first weapons to feature the Teammates Healing attribute, the other being the Healing Staff.
- The witch doctor is "a type of healer who treated ailments believed to be caused by witchcraft."
- At its first release there was a bug and it kills the Teammate but later it had changed to healing the team mate an update or more after.
- Weapons Itself Based off Mercy from Overwatch