|“||The blade is made of a sharp tail of Wyvern. Whilst the poison is pumped from its glands. Silver for monsters, steel for blocks.||”|
—Weapon's description in Gallery
The Wyvern is a Sniper weapon introduced in the 13.2.0 update.
It is a heavy silver poisonous sniper rifle that shoots poison bullets. The Wyvern deals high damage, has a medium to low fire rate, a medium capacity, and amazing mobility.
The Wyvern is a large bullpup sniper rifle with a large blade on the front with poisonous venom spilling out of it. It appears to be representing a Dragon. It shoots out a green beam-like bullet. It also has a light gray muzzle brake. The blade is similar to the Cursed Pirate.
This sniper, which has a scope that allows long range battles, shoots regular bullets with instant bullet travel time which can poison the player. Due to this weapon's poison attribute, it does not matter significantly if the player does not instantly kill your enemy since they would be further damaged by the poison.
When reloading, the player takes out the weapon's clip and replaces it with a spare one. It has delay input, which means it has a delay mechanic which depends on its own fire rate. It also has output delay which gives its own delay onto another delay input weapon that was switched to.
- This is effective at long range, since it has a 10x scope.
- It has a poison attribute, so try to hit a different enemy each time to poison them.
- This weapon doesn’t have Wall Break, so hide behind something while your gun is reloading.
- Despite having a large blade or bayonet, it is not usable.
- Take the time to aim in a sniper duel as its fire rate is somewhat slow.
- As always, aim for the head to maximize the damage.
- Use an Area Damage weapon to throw off the user’s aim.
- If a shot doesn't kill your target, finish them off with a high DPS rifle.
- Take out its user(s) when they are reloading.
- Strafe frequently to evade hits.
- Try to get into close ranged combat and hit them with a shotgun or an area damage melee.
- If they are hiding, use an Area Damage or Wall Break weapon and shoot underneath their name. Keep in mind that the Efficiency is decreased when shooting through walls.
- Equip the full Cyber Santa Set to negate the Poison attribute.
- If all counters failed, using this weapon yourself can be effective.
- Initial release.
- This weapon was buffed from 29 Efficiency to 30 (it also had 29 Efficiency when it first released). It was a one-shot kill as the Poison attribute did the rest of the job.
- Its damage was nerfed.
- A Wyvern is a winged two-legged dragon with a barbed tail.
- The color scheme might be based on the Desert Eagle.
- It is one of the biggest sniper rifles, in size.
- This and the Poison Hunter are the only Snipers that deal poison damage.
- Despite the fact that there is a blade on the weapon, it is purely cosmetic, similar to the Veteran's bipod.
- This is one of only 6 weapons that feature blades on them, the others being Combat Rifle, Mech Heavy Rifle,Warmaster, Demon Catcher, and Deadly Tail.
- It is also the first Sniper to feature a blade.
- Its firing sound bears striking resemblance to that of Rocket Crossbow.
- The extraction of the magazine from the chamber sounds identical to the Alien Sniper Rifle.
- When this weapon was still in Battle Royale this weapon had travel time but on other modes, it apparently didn’t.